Chapter 7: I Was a Teenage Abomination ( Part 2 )

Amora was still giving Willow a kind smile with Knight and the slug egg in her arms despite the roots still writing around Willow, causing the witch girl to snap out of it and lean forward worriedly while letting the roots fall.

Willow: Oh, no, no, no, no, no! I'm so sorry!

Willow then made the root wrapped around Amora's legs retreat. Amora let Knight go, and the Nightbitter cub carefully took the slug egg from the human girl and held it gently in his mouth with his tail wagging.

Amora: ( to Willow: ) Oh, it's okay. The roots didn't hurt me too much.

Willow then gets very close to Amora, forcing the girl to lean back a bit with a nervous expression.

Willow: ( is looking at Amora's ears: ) So... circly.

Amora: Please don't scream, I promise I'm not mean-

Willow: You're human! This is astounding! A human on the Boiling Isles!

Amora was somewhat taken aback by Willow's reaction, as she was used to people on the Boiling Isles screaming whenever they notice that she wasn't a demon or a witch. She then flinched slightly when Willow helped her stand before she began walking around her, asking questions.

Willow: How'd you get here? What are you doing here?

Amora was about to say something when the sound of a peeling bell rang in their ears, causing Amora to jump a little out of fright.

Willow: Uh, I'm sorry. I can't stay. I have to go disappoint my teacher. It was nice to meet you, human.

Willow gave Amora a half wave before grabbing her wagon and began walking away. Amora half waved back with a sad frown, before she rushed after Willow with Knight following after her.

Amora: W-Wait!

Amora stopped in front of Willow, before she looked away from the witch girl when she saw that Willow was looking at her with a somewhat surprised expression.

Amora: Oh, sorry. I'm, um, Amora and this is my little bitter Knight. And you're Willow, right? ( To Willow, with a soft smile: ) I saw what you did with the flower and those plants, it was... amazing. 

Willow: Thanks, but... I'm not even supposed to be doing plant magic.

Amora: How come?

Willow: My parents put me in the Abomination track at school.

Amora: Oh... That sounds frustrating, to be good at one kind of magic despite knowing that you shouldn't be doing it.

Willow: You have no idea. I wish I could get a passing grade for once. Then maybe people would stop calling me " Half-a-Witch Willow. "

Willow then kicked her spilled abomination, and it groans in response. Amora felt bad for Willow and she quickly thought to herself on if there was anything she could do to cheer the witch girl up, but then an idea came into her head.

Amora: ( to Willow nervously, with a kind smile: ) I-I think I know how to help you with that... Maybe if you make me your abomination, I could help you get a good grade so they stop calling you such a mean name.

Willow: What?

Amora: I saw that girl's abomination. It's just chunks of stuff that talks a bit funny. I'm chunks of stuff, and I talk a b-bit funny.

Willow: That's true. ( Chuckles ) ( To Amora, somewhat curiously: ) Why are you trying to help me?

Amora: Well... Let's just say that, I know how you feel.

Willow: ( smiles ) Alright, Amora. ( Shakes Amora's hand ) We have a deal-

They then heard a splash and turned their heads to see Knight happily rolling in the spilled abomination goo, he then stood up and shook the goo off like a dog, getting some on Amora and making both girls laugh.

Amora: Well, at least I look the part now.

The two then try to pull their hands apart, but the goo on Amora's left them stuck together.

Willow: Oops. Abomination goo.

Amora: Oh, dear.

Amora then freed them by pulling her hand away with all her might, but the force sent her splashing in the goo on the ground, and Knight quickly ran up to her with his tail wagging excitedly.

Amora: ( sighs with a smile ) Now, I definitely look the part. But first... ( To Knight as she sits up and held out her hands: ) Knight, sweetie, can I have the little one, please?

Willow: ( confused: ) " little one "?

Knight carefully placed the slug egg in Amora's hands, and Willow was surprised to see that the nightbitter cub was holding a trash slug egg in his mouth. Amora just calmly took her backpack off, opened it, and she carefully put the egg in one of the pockets inside the backpack.

Amora: ( while looking at the egg: ) Don't worry, little one, you're safe in there for now. I promise you won't have to stay in there until we get home. ( Closes the backpack and puts it back on )

Willow: You're keeping a trash slug egg? Aren't you worried about the size it will get?

Amora: ( to Willow, honestly as she stood up: ) Oh, no, I'm not worried. To me, any critter can be lovable and friendly towards you as long as you know how to interact with it and treat it with kindness and respect. Plus, the bigger the critter, more to love. And... ( Points to Knight: ) This little one once ate someone that tried to kidnap me a few days ago, if I can handle him without much worry, I can handle any critter.

Willow: Oh, right.

Amora: I'm still confused how he did it.

Knight just looked up at Amora with a smile on his face and his tail wagging.

( A few seconds later )

Both Amora and Knight were now in the pot as Willow was moving it. Knight sniffed at the goo they were sitting in before he stuck his tongue out to lick the goo out of curiosity but...

Amora: ( whispers, to Knight: ) Do not lick that, young man. You have no idea what's in it.

Knight slowly pulled his tongue back in his mouth before he moved closer to Amora and cutely placed his head on her lap while purring and she gently pets his head.

Amora: ( silently: ) Aw, so cute.

______________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this chapter, I hope you like it

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜