Chapter 5: Witches Before Wizards ( Part 3 )

Amora and the small creature were still in the woods, with Nevareth and Chris as they walked with a fairy. Amora still had an annoyed look in her eyes but she was keeping a small smile, while the small creature was standing close beside her and was still growling at Nevareth and the other creatures.

Amora: ( to the fairy: ) Thank you for inviting me, Miss, but I must really be going now. I need to return this map-

The fairy then suddenly created two bracelets and tried to give them to Amora, but she just backed away slightly and the small creature growled at the fairy with his ears pinned back.

Fairy: For you, Chosen One.

Amora: Oh, no thank you. And I'm not a-

Chris: Your quest will soon come to an end, for the staff you seek is around the bend.

Nevareth: Go on, Chosen One. The Celestial Staff is yours. You've earned it.

Amora: ( thoughts, in relief: ) Oh thank goodness.

Nevareth: Farewell, Lady Amora.

Amora and the small creature quickly began going down the path, and once Nevareth and the other creatures were out of sight, Amora stopped for a moment and let out a small sigh in relief before looking down at the small creature that was currently looking up at her with his tail wagging and a cute smile on his face as he was no longer growling.

Amora: Oh, little one, I'm so sorry for dragging into this whole weirdness. I meant to take you home so I could get that little boo-boo on your neck taken care of... ( Sighs ) But who knew it would be this hard to return one simple map to its rightful owner. But, I'm very grateful for you wanting to stay with me through this whole thing.

Amora then kneeled down to the small creature and began petting his head, which caused the creature's tail to wag more in response as he began to purr.

Amora: ( chuckles ) And you've been acting like my little white knight since we stumbled upon the cat village. ( Her eyes widened slightly ) " Knight ". ( To the small creature: ) Maybe that's what I should call you from now on, instead of small creature or feather. What do you think?

The small creature, now named " Knight " let out a small bark in response before he jumped into the human girl's arms and began licking her face, making her laugh.

The two then continued down the path, and Knight slowly began to growl again as they continued down the path before slowing to a stop. Amora looked in confusion when she saw that the " Celestial Staff " was standing on a platform in a middle of a lake, while being illuminated by a ray of light. Amora was about to approach the edge of the lake, but Knight stopped her by grabbing hold of her pantleg. She turned her head and looked down at him with confusion, but Knight just took a few steps back before he jumped off the edge of the lake, making Amora gasp in shock and worry.

Knight lands on the platform on his face, but he quickly jumped back on his claws and began slowly approaching the staff before he opens his mouth and the staff slowly disintegrates as it was sucked into the small creature's mouth, once all the dust was in his mouth, he closed it and licked his lips after swallowing.

Amora: ( gasps in shock ) Oh my goodness!

Amora's eyes then widened as their surroundings began changing, the flowers at her feet wilted, the water in the lake drained away and retreated up the riverbanks, and even the leaves disappeared in a swirl. Knight sniffed the air for a second before he ran to Amora and started growling again while he stood in front of her protectively.