Chapter 6: I Was a Teenage Abomination ( Part 1 )

The episode opens on the sun before panning down to show Amora, Eda, King, and Knight on the beach. Amora's face was filled with horror at what she was seeing in front of her.

Eda: Well, Amora! ( Elbows the girl ) Did you ever in your life think you'd see something as breathtaking as this?

Eda gestures to the corpse of a trash slug that towered over them. It was surrounded by trash and muck, with flies buzzing around the corpse.

Amora: ( quietly: ) Oh my... Mother nature, please give me strength to not faint right now.

Eda then walked to the trash slug while she continued to talk to Amora.

Eda: Yes, it doesn't get much more inspiring than the trash slug. It makes a home, a life from what others have thrown by the wayside. Until, blam, it gets blasted by a wave one day and croaks from all the salt. And then we get to sell the stuff it ate.

Eda then pulled out a pickaxe while Knight suddenly bolted into the pile as he seemed to have spotted something that caught his interest.

Eda: Atta boy, Knight! Find something good for Eda.

Amora: Oh, my...

King then walked and laid out a towel onto the beach while Amora hesitantly approached the carcass as she didn't want to disturb the slug corpse but at the same time she didn't want to upset Eda.

King: Aw, come on, Amora. It's not every day you get to go to the dump and pick apart a garbage caress.

Eda: Aw, nuts to you, King.

Amora nervously looked around the muck while Eda swings her pick at the trash slug. Knight was currently nowhere to be seen. Amora then began trying to talk to Eda while she was swinging the pickaxe at the corpse.

Amora: So, um, Eda... I was wondering, well, if it's not any trouble, um, I was wondering if we could try some new lessons that aren't so... thievery based and more involve with magic, like read some scrolls or mix some potions together...

Eda: ( while tossing items from the slug's mouth: ) Ugh. That sounds like a bunch of magic school stuff.

Amora: Oh, is school here bad or...

Eda: Yeah, sorta. The worse part of it is, they force you to learn magic the " proper " way. But magic isn't proper. It's wild and unpredictable. And that's why it's so beautiful. I didn't finish school, and look at me! Who wouldn't envy where I am right now?

Amora's expression falls slightly as she didn't know exactly how to response as flies flew around the pile of trash Eda was currently standing in, Eda noticed this and quickly went to try to cheer the human girl up.

Eda: Hey, here's a lesson.

Eda drops the pickaxe and went to Amora.

Eda: A great witch is resourceful, like this.

Eda stuck Amora's hand in a puddle of trash slug bile, causing the girl's to show slight disgust as Eda drags her hand back and forth before letting go, and Amora continues digging through the bile until she pulled something out.