"We had a little side thing to handle. But we're here now, that's all that matters. Now we are here to talk about taking over the area of your Chinese restaurant, your wife's nail salon and beauty supply store. That's two miles worth of territory on Main Street that were asking for, you are in a predominantly black neighborhood. Very lucrative for my pockets and yours."

"Now you're talking, how do my pockets get lined?" Mr. Jun Kim folded his hands.

"If I may," A'Kyde added himself in. "With all due respect sir, your men, their presence isn't as strong as our men. With us being out there, a trustworthy face on the streets and being black, we would draw more customers to buying our drugs."

"No offense Jun Kim, but your supply is cheap and awful compared to competition like me. Without change every two months, we will give you one kilo at half the price to do whatever you want with as long as it's within your business. Think of it as party treats for your pervert clientele that comes through your massage parlor."

"I'm surprised that you haven't taken an interest yourself in trying to clean your money in my parlor."

"No thank you," I declined. "I might be a criminal but operating out of an underage sex shop is not what I'm trying to get caught up in."

"That's the most money I've ever made out here. Maybe I can offer your gentlemen a free massage with one of our older women."

"We're good. So, what do you say?" I questioned.

"Before you say anything sir, try the product yourself. On the house," A'Kyde said, giving him a small baggy of cocaine.

Jun Kim stuck his finger inside and sampled for himself, "Not bad! Not bad at all."

"That's one kilo a month, sold within your business to your own customers at no charge to us. In exchange for your blocks and store fronts."

"Since I'm removing my men off my blocks, I want at least 15 percent of earnings."

"Can't do that, I still have to make a profit for my supply. Instead, you keep your wife's nail shop, give the others we asked for. Your men work your area and mine work our new area. If my partner is right and we earn more than your men can make, we take the nail salon block. If we lose, we'll be on our way packing and throw in an extra kilo on the house for your troubles."

"Deal! Let the best man win!" Jun Kim agreed.

Shaking hands on the agreement, A'Kyde and I went on our way. "I'm surprised it went well, I thought he would want something more out the deal," he said.

"I did my research on old Jun Kim. That old dirty bastard loves drugs more than he loves money. I knew throwing in that kilo would be all he was looking for. What man in his right mind would only ask for 15 percent of earnings on his street corners?"

Korryn

Breathe, Ceaser told me. Don't think, just do it! More time you give yourself to think the harder it becomes.

Ceaser and I caught up with ol' boy he was talking about. He was walking not far from Morningside, Ceaser casually invited him for a lift to talk business. Giving me the tools I needed to do this job, I squeezed myself on the floor behind the passenger seat covered with his jacket. Only thing I had to do 'til we got to the destination was wait with a loaded gun cocked at the back of his head. The entire ride I'm supposed to be listening out for Ceaser's keywords, once heard, I make myself known.

"Heard you got into a scuffle with some of Diabolik's boys the other night, I'm surprised you actually still breathing my nigga. You know eventually it's going to be a bounty over your head right? Diabolik trying to pen his two boys not returning back on your crew."