Chapter 14 (Lorenzo's POV)

I smile glancing over at her as she moves her head, and the way her hair blows gives me butterflies. I feel as if I'm where I belong. She’s perfect, I wish she was mine.

 ***

 I pull my truck onto the beach away from most of the people. "Now don't you dare touch that door!" I say sternly, I get out of the truck running over to Taylor's door, and I open it. I get the picnic stuff out of the cab, along with the speaker and my phone. I put the stuff in the cooler and give her my hand helping her in the truck bed. The music is similar to the song she played. 

  We both sit in the truck bed, "What happened when your dad died?" My eyes start to water as I remember the fear in his eyes, the gunshot sounds, and the light flashes. He yelps as the bullet hits him in the chest, the red spreading on his white tee shirt, and  he glances at me and the tear falls down his face. A tear slips down my face, "I don't want to talk about it, just know no one knows who killed him. I witnessed it all, I'll never forget the look of betrayal on his face." The next thing I know I'm crying, She hugs me and whispers "Shhh, It's okay." I calm my tears, she wipes my cheek. There was a sudden heaviness in the air, I watch as her green eyes looked gentle. I look at her soft pink lips. The next thing I know I was kissing her. The kiss was short, and she pulls away, "I'm sorry-" I was cut off by a kiss, not expecting it, at first I don't kiss back. But once I got used to it I kissed back. I rest my hand on her hips, she puts her hands on the back of my neck, her thumbs in front of my ear. I have to stop her, I’ll lose control and I can’t not like this. Not in the back of my truck where everyone can see. I won’t do that to her. 

***

 Once the sun sets she says "I hate to break this up but I gotta get home it's almost time for curfew." I nod and get up helping her out of the truck bed.

 We are on our way back, and I see a blood walking on the side of the road, "Get down!" I say quickly and pull my gun from my belt and shoot at him, the bang is followed by a scream from Taylor. The guy draws his gun and shoots at me and misses and I shoot at him again. This time I hit him in the shoulder. I speed off as he shoots at the truck. I get away "You okay?" I ask frantically. She slowly sets up, "Y-yeah." She can't go home, "Tell your mom you're staying a couple of nights at a friend's." She looks at me with fear in her eyes "O-okay." She calls her mom "I'm staying with a friend for a couple of days, Okay love you bye." 

 We stop by my house. I get out of the truck and grab the keys, "Come on in, it's not safe out here." I grab her hand and walk into the house. "Do you know how to fight?" I ask changing into a blue shirt. "Yeah, my brother taught me how. Why?" I groan not wanting to tell her, "To be "initiated" into the Crip Family, you have to go up against the queen." 

 Fuck what have I gotten her into, everything is ruined I knew this shit would happen. Everything is fucked up.