08

𝐙𝐀'𝐌𝐈𝐑𝐀 "MIRA" 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐑

The next morning; I turned to pull Semaj closer to me, before frowning, he was no longer laying next to me

I opened my eyes, yawning as I stretched. I slid my feet into my house shoes, walking over towards the bathroom, brushing my teeth, and ran my fingers through the silk press I did on myself late last night.

I frowned once I noticed the long ass scratch on my face. This was the second time this girl scratched me; bitches need to learn how to punch.

I walked out of the bathroom, pulling on the cropped hoodie I had on, feeling my nipple rings caught in the material.

I walked down the stairs; seeing him and the same boy from yesterday sitting on the couch; playing a game of 2k.

I wrapped my arms around him from behind, kissing along his jaw.

"Wassup mama." He leaned back, pecking my lips a few times. "You good?" He asked.

"Yeah, i'm okay." I mumbled; feeling eyes on me I looked up to see that 'Glock' boy staring at me.

"Why you staring at me?" I asked; causing Semaj's attention to shift towards him as well.

"What's your name?" He asked, ignoring my question.

"Fuck you on my nigga?" Semaj mugged, sitting the controller on the couch beside him.

"It ain't even like tha— Just answer the question." He spoke, putting his attention back on me.

"Her name Za'Mira; again why do you wanna know?" Semaj answered.

Once he said that, 'Glock' froze for a second causing me to give him a strange look. He did look somewhat familiar but I would've remembered him if I did meet him, he had very unique features and tattoos on his face.

"Wha— um what's your last name?" He asked, and I scrunched my face up.

"Now you being federal dawg, you know shawty or something?" Semaj mugged; and I just stared at him, trying to figure out where I knew him from.

"Is it Carter? Your last name Carter?" He asked, causing me to tense up a bit.

It can't be, no way.

"Um, yeah.. how'd you know that?" I asked, frowning.

"You don't recognize me?" He asked, and like Tina did Ike in the limo it finally hit me.

Flashback

"I don't want to!" A young Za'Mira yelled. "I want my brothers." She kicked and screamed as the social worker attempted to separate the three siblings from the tight hold they had on each other.