𝟎𝟏𝟖. 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐲

𝕸adeleine stares down the delivery man uncomfortably shifting on the porch of her cottage — well, more like she squints up at him with her very, very bright blue gaze boring into his soul

"You have a note too", he perks up, eagerly offering her a small envelope in hopes that she'll stop pestering him about why someone would send her donuts.

Orla wouldn't, she's more of a flower girl.

Millie also wouldn't because she knows that if Maddie wants something she'll ask for it or get it delivered to herself.

Who else even knows her address?

Inhaling, Madeleine opens the envelope and takes out a folded piece of paper.

She braces herself, unfolding the letter.

" I hope you'll accept my apology donuts.
And yes, I am aware that I'm the stupidest person to ever grace this planet.

I'm really sorry.

Love,
Trevor

P. S. You don't have to accept them if you don't want to, you can send them right back. They'll deliver it to me and I guess I'll feed Cole. "

She stands there, quietly blinking at the letter and trying to comprehend the situation.

He can't possibly be serious, can he?

He got her flowers. She ran off. She came back and cried. Then called Taylor and asked him to put her out of her misery because that was just too much.

And now he's sending her donuts? As an apology?

And she's tempted to accept it? The donuts, that is. Not the apology.

She glances up and sighs.

"Fine. I'll sign".

The delivery man visibly relaxes and hands over the receipt which she signs quickly grabbing the box of donuts and shutting herself inside again.

This is ridiculous.

Trevor is known for being overbearing but to this point? Where he's begging for her forgiveness through donuts?