𝟎𝟏𝟎. 𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐚

𝕸adeleine got up early with the sole purpose of getting some coffee, waiting for June to wake up and get out of the house as soon as possible

It's not that she didn't have a good time yesterday, it's that last night was the first time in months when she's talked so much with Trevor and when she went to bed longing to rap on his bedroom door and pull him out for a chat, she knew something was deeply wrong with her.

Up until now, she'd been too busy wallowing in self pity that she forgot the real reason the breakup hurt so much.

Trevor, for a while, had felt like her person. He'd been what she had been yearning for all her life. He'd become her best friend.

And then suddenly, he ripped the bandage off the wound that had only just begun healing and left her there to tend to the damage all alone.

So, now she remembers what it was like.

And she does not want to remember how much she's missed his company all these months.

She walks into the kitchen and busies herself looking around for coffee mugs, grabbing one then mindlessly checking all the cabinets for the coffee powder.

Of course it's in top cabinet. Just her luck.

She stands on her tiptoes trying to get ahold of the jar, her hand barely reaching the shelf.

Straining, she jumps up to grab it but to no avail.

She huffs glancing down at the countertop, considering hauling herself up on the surface to take the jar out.

Defeated, Madeleine pulls her knee up exhaling loudly as she attempts to push her entire body onto the counter.

"Woah, easy there".

She startles at the voice, stuck in the awkward position with one knee up on the marble surface and the other leg standing on its tiptoes.

She glances back and finds the one person she's been trying not to think about.

Just my fucking luck.

He gives her a humourous glance as if he's holding in his laugh and moves closer, placing his hand by her knee still resting on the counter.

"Mind if I . . . .?", he gestures at the cabinet and oh, what the hell.

Madeleine hops down, straightening up and patting down her dress, going to step away when he steps closer standing inches away from her side turned body as he effortlessly grabs the coffee jar off the shelf and brings it down to her.