🍋 Week 3: REVIEW 🍋

WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILER!

--- 📌 Review 📌 ---

LOST IN THE MAZE: ELIAS DE MARCEL
By reeenxct
Partner: Alice_Salvo

What characteristic of a certain character do you like, and why?

I like Atasha's free-spoken nature and confidence. Because these traits make a woman strong and admirable. For instance, noon natapos yung reunion nila and nasa byahe sila pauwi ni Elias, hindi nag-hesitate si Atasha na sabihin yung disappointment and pain na nadama niya kasi hindi nag-propose yung lalaki. And then, doon sa part na nakita niya yung article about Elias and the Jocelle, she said that although the model is beautiful, she doesn't feel threatened because she knows her worth.

Did the imagery provide you with enough details to understand what was happening?

Yes, the imagery supplies enough details for me as a reader. I like the way you described certain scenarios and how the people in the story met each other... The way you showed the intricacies of the places mentioned... And the way you described the physical appearance of the characters. Hindi siya pilit. The narration feels natural.

What is your favorite line so far?

So far, my favorite line is from Atasha. When she said, "I don't need to compare myself to her because Elias will still choose me." I like that attitude. She doesn't wallow in insecurity like most women do. Instead, she knows her worth. She knows that everyone has their own unique piece in the game, and she plays her piece the right way.

What did you not expect about the story?

Hindi ko in-expect na magiging malinis yung pagkakasulat nung story. Alam ko na medyo mahirap mag-revise kapag on-going pa lang, pero in fairness sayo, malinis na agad yung flow and wordings. Kudos to you, Ren. Hindi ko rin in-expect na sa prologue pa lang, I would need holy water na agad. Peace!

--- 🍋🍋🍋 ---

THE SCION OF LIGHT
By Acer_9722
Partner: MissNerdyGirl20

So far, which character had an impact on you and why?

So reading Scion of Light, nagustuhan ko po si Ron. Although kaunti pa lang yung mga cameos niya dahil di ko pa naman matapos lahat but I had some attachment on him rather than the MC. Why? Medyo relate din po ako dahil madalas ay tahimik siya bukod nga lang sa kung ano-anong kababalaghan na ginagawa niya at nag-iinvincible bigla that could make Abby confused on his actions, HAHAHAHA!

Okay lang naman sigurong dalawa, noh? I also like Abby's character, well syempre siya rin naman yung MC and I like how she is written. Tsaka I like her simplicity! Di ko pa masyado kilala character niya dahil first 3 chapters lang but I am interested to know her more kung sakali man mabigyan man po ng pagkakataon.

Would you wanna go to the story's world, visit, perhaps live there?

Ay, kahit di na. Okay na po sigurong mamagha na lang ako siguro. I just like the way the description was added to the place. Isa po talaga sa hinahanap ko kapag fantasy ay kung gaano kalawak yung writers when it comes to explaining the world in fantasy. Hindi rin kasi biro na magsulat ng fantasy, from the world building pa lang dapat malawak yung imagination mo when you're building one. So to my partner, @Acer_9722, good job on making a nice world building on your story. Hindi siya mahirap na intindihin at naiimagine ko naman kung paano yung gusto mong ipakita sa world building mo.

I would say that good job on writing your story "Scion of Light" kasi una pa lang ay namamgha na po talaga ako sa pagsusulat mo dito sa story mo. Fantasy is a very hard genre, believe me I can feel you! But alam ko naman na mas ma-enhance mo pa yung story mo. So just continue to write this piece and improve more alam ko na may kakapuntahan ka rin.

Did the imagery provide you with enough details to understand what was happening?

At first siguro medyo naguluhan ako kung tungkol saan ba talaga siya. Kasi unaware pa ako na School of Angels pala yung papasukan ni Abby, eh. But as I read the story, doon ko na siya na-gets when she entered the academy and noong pinakilala na sila isa-isa na anak sila ng mga angels. Na anak sila nila Gabriel, Michael (eto pa lang ata ang nabanggit if I was right) honestly I am impressed. Kasi madalang ako makakita ng fantasy at interpretation niya ay about sa mga angels so good job on writing this piece. I have nothing to say, ang astig niya talaga. And it made me so hooked on this story.

Bihira kasi ako makabasa ng ganito. And what I like on this story, is nasagot niya siguro kung tungkol saan nga ba tungkol yung plot niya. And sobra kong like how descriptive siya especially tungkol sa heaven yung pinag-uusapan din. So great job to the writer!

Personally, would you continue reading it, why?

Yes. If mabigyan man po siguro ulit ng chance na maging partner uli kami, I am considering to read it. All writers deserves to be recognized in this writing journey, kaya sa lahat ng aspiring writers diyan walang sukuan ha! Sulat lang ng sulat, may kakapuntahan kayong lahat.

CHAINED WITH HADES
(BETRAYAL'S GAME #1)
By MissNerdyGirl20
Partner: Acer_9722

So far, which character has had and impact on you and why?

Saku, the "antagonist", he has this air of confidence and mystery to him which I always like to a male character, generic, yes, but I like it that way. Plus point because he is "Potential Hades" or a son of Hades, which is my favorite greek god. I also want to know more about his past and about the murder case that he was guilty with.

What was your first impression of the setting? What line of thought or feeling did you have when you read the setting?

Confusing, the first chapter, it kinda hard to follow what's going on because you're kind of switching from an intense seen then suddenly you get a long explanation on what's happening. But at chapters 2 and three it became easier to follow. I think miss author should focus on whether he wants to explain the backstory or to focus on what's happening. It's not bad that people sometimes doesn't know what's going on. You can always explain it later on and that's when people will think "Ah, kaya pala nangyari tong ganito nung chapter ganto." It adds to the mystery a little bit more.

Were you able to see, smell, hear, or feel as you read?

Not really. I think the author was kinda focused more on explaining the backstory of what led up to that scene rather than in the scene itself to the point that she kinda forgot to use sensory description. I feel like she overthink on trying to catch the attention of the reader with an immediate intense scene that she forgot to build up to the scene and needed to do that in the middle of the scene itself hence the amount of explanation that's happening midway through the intense scenes.

--- nothing follows ---