Chapter 8 - Focus

Han Jisung

The sound of a dull eraser screeching against a page of paper fills the room, followed by a hand swiping the bits away and a frustrated sigh to accompany that.

The room was dimly lit, but my eyes had adjusted to it. Light was the least of my worries. I couldn't care less.

My hand moves in a fury, lines of grey filling the page. Each problem I finish feels longer than the last, making me second guess myself enough to put 2 x 3 in the calculator.

Every other questions makes me want to rip my hair out. Maybe going bald was the solution.

The was the reality of doing late night math homework.

When the numbers begin to merge into one another, making me feel like I'm on a different planet reading a foreign language.

So, after erasing question 4 multiple times over, I push the paper away from me and bury my face in my hands with a groan.

The silence of the room brings me back into my racing brain. I couldn't escape from the deafening noise in my head.

Why can't I focus!?

.

.

.

Well that was a rhetorical questions because I know damn well why I can't focus.

It's because of the events of the past day.

.

.

.

"Anything?" Baekho repeats, coming closer to me again, pushing my back against the bathroom wall.

His dark hair covers the sides of his head like a curtain as he looks down at me. His handsome features undeniable even from up close.

"Yes hyung. J-just don't be mad anymore." I whisper out, feeling Baekhos breath on my face from how close he was.

"Alright babe." Baekho smiles at me, making me close my eyes and sigh in relief, until he follows up with, "Stop talking to Minho."

"Wha- what?" My eyes shoot open and practically bulge out of my head, looking up at my boyfriend, whom I trusted with my life, that was just smirking back down at me.

"You heard me." He scoffs, "you spend so much time with him... it makes me jealous." Baekho pouts, as if this was a casual Highschool relationship and I wasn't gawking at the thought.

Minho?

Nonono

Not him.

"No I can't do that! M-Minhos my best friend what are you saying?" I snap back, though not as sharp as the way Baekho talks. I didn't have the same confidence, but when it came to Minho, this conversation was ridiculous.

"So you care about him more than me?" Baekho looks at me with wet eyes, a tear threatening to fall any second. I knew this was out of this world, but Baekhos face tugged my heartstrings.

He always does this.

He has me wrapped around his finger.

"Your other friends too," He continues, " I feel like you like them all more than me." Baekhos tone sent a shiver down my spine, "but especially Minho."

"No hyung! He's just my friend. We've known eachother forever and I still love you, you know that Baekho hyung." I try to reason with my boyfriend, giving a reassuring tone and glance.

"It doesn't feel like you love me." Baekho mumbles, dropping his head to avoid eye contact.

"Hyung-" My heart feels like it's being ripped out, "I do love you! Trust me!" I say in a desperate voice, echoing itself through the empty bathroom walls.

But Baekho scoffs again, "I can't even trust you anymore." With that, he pushes himself off me and turns around, walking out the bathroom door and leaving me breathing heavy against the cold tile wall.

This can't be happening

.

.

.

The rest of the day felt like a blur, I felt like a failure and a horrible boyfriend. I couldn't do anything right.

He couldn't trust me.

What the fuck is wrong with you jisung?!

The number of messages from my friends kept piling up on my phone, and the itch to answer them was strong, but I held back.

Maybe I did give them more attention than i should.

Baekho is my boyfriend, I should put him first right.

I didn't want him to feel jealous.

And it's not like my friends would notice my absence anyway.

When Minho came to my house earlier, things suddenly felt so real. The reality of the situation was dropped onto me like a 500 pound weight.

I love Baekho. And he was mad at me. He was about to cry, I hurt his feelings.

I fucked everything up by letting my emotions get to me and now Baekho doesn't even trust me.

What if....

What if he breaks up with me?

How would I live without him???

I can't let that happen. I need Baekho.

We are soulmates.

Right?

I need to listen to him. He just wants the best for me.

But at what cost?

Minho and I had been friends since i was practically born, and my boyfriend doesn't like him. This whole time when I thought Baekho would be a good addition to our friend group, I mean I only met him 2 years ago.

But he doesn't think that way.

He thinks I spend too much time with Minho.

And not enough time with him.

How was I going to fix this?

Those soft eyes that minho always held and the charasmaric tone he spoke to my mother and really anyone with. His sweet and comforting aura.

Even a few days without it made my life feel... like not my own.

And I don't know to do.

So when I met Minhos eyes at the door, I held back the emotions that threatened to break through. My red eyes, from crying, didn't budge, I held his gaze. I watched the way his smile fell and he tilted his head in confusion.

I saw the concern displayed in those eyes.

But I didn't say anything.

I walked past my mother and Minho at the door, going to the kitchen to pick up a snack like I had oringally intended. I didn't look back, I couldn't.

Once out of sight, I stood infront of the pantry, my eyes shut tightly as I tried to ground myself.

I just need to be less close with him. For Baekhos sake. Minho is still my best friend.

Yeah.

This was the right thing to do.

A/n

IK ITS KINDA SHORT BUT SHITS HARD RN

OK TMRW IS ENHYPENS COMEBACK AND I GOT A MFING MATH EXAM. BUT STILL IM SO EXCITED.

LUCIFER BOUTTA BE MY SONG.

LOVE LOSE MY BREATH OMG IT WAS SO GOOD, AND THEYRE HAVING A PROPER COMEBACK IN JULY WOOOHOOO

HOPE YOU ENJOYED!