Chapter 6 - Coffee or my friends

Han Jisung

I let out a long yawn as I find a seat in the lobby of the main building. Other students with tired eyes, coffees, and laptops filled the empty seats. Good ol college life.

You know how it is....

I take a sip of my own coffee, staring off into space, which I had been doing quite a lot recently. The large window to my left only allowed for a better zoning out experience.

The breeze in the trees were mesmerizing to somebody inside. The students walking by and the shops opening up for the morning. It felt distant.

I should text him.

I need to text Baekho

He hates me now.

What do I do?

My phone sat on the table infront of me, taunting me almost with the urge to grab it and pull up my boyfriends contact. It was unbearable. But I still held back. What would I say to him anyway?

I had to apologize in person.

Yeah.

That would be the right thing to do.

You know, walk up to Baekho and say, 'I'm sorry for ditching you mid date.' Do it the right way.

Or does that sound too bad said out loud?

A small sigh echoed out of me as I play with the lid of my coffee. What would Minho do in this situation? He always knew what to do. Minho hyung always knew what's best.

He would probably say to talk it out. 'Talking always helps,' he would say with a small smile, looking at me with those caring, comforting, and oh so convincing eyes.

If only he knew Baekho like I do.

Talking doesn't work with him.

But I should still say something? I hurt his feelings right?

I'm such an idiot!

Your such a fucking bad boyfriend Han-

"Jisung!"

My head turns in the direction of my name being called. Past a few tables of tired students, I spot two boys running toward me, bright smiles on their faces.

A smile emerged on my own lips as I wave to them, the two boys looked so happy today. They had enough energy to power the rest of the college at 9am.

"How's my favourite jisung!?" Felix smiles once he reaches me, seungmin standing behind him as they pull out two seats.

"Doing okay lix. Just tired you know?" I respond in honesty. However I didn't say the part where I'm having a mental battle against myself regarding the fact I might have ruined my relationship with the boyfriend I loved so much.

All that doesn't need to be said heh

Seungmin and Felix sit down infront of me, leaning over the table with their arms resting on the top. "Well we can get you excited!" Seungmin smiles.

"Mm? How so?" I raise an eyebrow, "We literally saw eachother yesterday guys."

"WELL. Me and seungmin had an epiphany this morning." Felix points out, earning a nod from seungmin before their excited eyes return to me.

"And that is...?"

"It's our birthdays soon!"

The two boys looked as if this was revolutionary news that they have come to share. Almost forgetting the fact that I too have a calendar on my phone and know what date today is.