Chapter 4

When he came to he was in a darkened room, lit by candles all over the place, he was lying down naked on the marbled floor his hands and feets were tied in a spread eagled fashion, candles were placed all around him as if drawing a circle.
   He looked around and the room was empty if not for statue that was some few feets away from his head.
  The statue was of a human like structure with human chest and abdomen, one hand pointing two fingers up and the other pointing two fingers down, the legs were folded as he sat like Buddha,
only that the head was that of a goat with two long twisted horns.
  The statue is terrifying to behold, and terrified Karim was, "where the hell is this place" he asked himself, "Helloo!" he shouted and his voiced echoed all over again as if he is in a cave.
  "Anyone there! help!" he shouted again but to no avail, he remained lying there for till he lost trace of time, the floor was cold against his naked back and each time he tried to wriggle free from the rope it held tighter to a point it was hurting him. 
  All of a sudden he heard Footsteps, he turned to the direction he heard it coming from it was a narrow corridor that leads to only God knows where, soon he saw movements of people coming.
  He watched as they came into the room, they wore white hooded robes while some wore black ones, their wore scary androgynous masks to match their robes but he noticed that some of them were women betrayed by the bumbs in their chests and bossums.
They stood around the circle of candles that surrounded him, one of them spoke in a strange language Karim has never heard before, for a while, and when he was done the others answered in unison in the same language.
  One of them came forward holding a knife and a long animal horn probably that of a cow, the inner part was carved out to make a hollow space to serve a cup. The person leaned down to Karim's left hand and made a big slash on his palms. Almost immediately blood started flowing out of his palms.
  Karim screamed "What the hell are you doing? Stop!  Let me go. " he wriggled trying to free himself but the ropes only gripped him harder.
  The person took karim's hand that was already bleeding and set the carved horn below to tap the blood. It took a while before the person produced a handkerchief and tied the wound then went away with the blood.
  Another person came forward and sat down on his stomach,  brought out a small knife and started cutting Karim's chest as if drawing something.  After a moment the person took out a small bottle and emptied the content on the place on the chest that was already bleeding. The black powdery substance immediately reacted on the wound sending excruciating pain to Karim whom at was terrified to the extent that his heart might give up.    "Only god can save me now. " he taught.
The person stood up and left,  leaving behind a sketch of a six pointed star on his chest.
  After that Karim, watched as they recieved  the carved horn that was filled with his own blood and they drank from it and pass it around.
  When they were done drinking another person  came with a big calabash bowl and almost immediately another person came and held his head in one place, as if waiting for him to speak as he opened his mouth another person inserted a dental mouth clamp in his mouth, and Karim couldn't close his mouth.
  The person with the calabash bowl leaned forward and started pouring the content into his mouth, immediately it landed into his mouth he knew it was nothing but blood.
Animal blood? Human blood? He wasn't sure,  but it was reddish in colour, thick and warm. He tried to wriggle his head free but the hands that were holding him didn'tlet him, and he couldn't close his mouth,  so the liquid kept rushing in and spilling out for he refused to swallow it.
  They kept pouring it over his mouth and nose till when he was out breathe, reflex took over opening his airways and oesophagus. He drank a whole lot of that and even as he choked and was coughing it out, they kept pouring it down till the calabash was empty.
  He passed out almost immediately  after that.
  And when he came to again he was lying down on a luxury sized bed, in a large bedroom he has never seen before with his eyes, he was wearing a pajamas for the first time in his life he spranged up from the bed.
"Was that a dream?" he asked himself, he checked his palms where it was cut and saw only a scar as if the cut was made a long time ago.
He also checked his chest and saw a tattoo like scar of what seems to be a star.
Then he recalled the blood he drank from the calabash, and he still felt it in his stomach that he was full.
  He gasped, "All that was real"