Chapter 2

The world is yours but your soul is mine.
Chapter 2

  It was so much easier than he taught,  the car was automatic, the steering wheel was soft and easy to manipulate unlike his father's old car that requires muscle to drive, the seats were well cushioned  that he taught is was softer than his bed and the lady who introduced herself as Vanessa just tapped some few buttons on the screen and the navigation system displayed a detailed map of the area and the direction to which he is headed, probably her house.
The air condition was extremely cold that he felt shivery but the lady looked comfortable in her seats.
  He has never expected in his life to see him driving such a luxury car, "God is great" he said subconsciously
"what? " she asked.
"I was just admiring your car madam, God has really blessed you."
She chuckled briefly "really? " she asked.
"Of course madam,  this car alone is enough to know that God loves you so much"
She frowned a bit "you have no idea, this car is nothing compared to what I have, im not sure if God exists, talkless of loving me, i gave up a long time ago" she said dryly.
"wow" that was the only thing that Malik could say as a reply,  for his instincts told him to not say much in other to not offend the strange lady.
  They reached the location on the screen in less than twenty minutes and as he hunked at the gate, it slided open and he entered the mansion, or is it a castle, he couldn't name it. All he knew was that is was big. He was dumbstruck when he saw the collection of the cars in the parking lot, a range rover, ferrari, Chevrolet and so many others he couldn't name. He subconsciously pushed the brakes in awe of what his eye are seeing.
  "You can park the car beside the chevy when you are done" she said opening the door alighting from the car.
  "oh sorry, i was carried away" but she was gone already. He felt clumsy and uncivilized to act in such a manner, but he couldn't help himself.
  He was speechless when he entered the living room inside the mansion. The chandelier was sparkling crystals one could mistake them for diamonds as bright florescent lights gushes through them. The walls were made withshiny mirror like marbles and also the floors. Everything about the house reflect luxury and wealth.
Malik started wondering if all this was a dream, who is this woman by the way. "How do like my house? " she asked coming upto him with two glasses of drinks.
  "Your... I taught this was your family house " he asked,  or is she married?  She looked young though.
  "Yes its my house,  one of many i own" she said dryly "please sit down"
Malik couldn't believe his ears, she must be joking right? 
"And the cars?" he cant help but ask.
  "Mine also, earlier you were saying something about your mum? " she said changing the topic.
  And Malik briefly explained the hardship he is going through to the lady knowing that since she invited him this far she would help him.
  At first he expected that she needed a driver, but now that he came to see her in this place he didn't know what to expect, he taught maybe she wants to knack him and pay himbut she was too young  to be that kind.
She listened attentively to him nodding in anticipation and when he was done she sat silent for a while before speaking.
  "What can you do for one million dollars? " she asked seriously.
The question strucked him,  "Ahh! Madam one million dollars, there is nothing in this world that i cannot do for one million  dollars." he said not wanting to say much.
"Can you kill for that amount? " she asked her eyes settled in his own.
This second question took him by surprise and he recoiled in his seat,  for the first time he saw a red flag in everything, the cars, house,  everything about this strange woman. For the first time he saw a hint of danger in her eyes and he came to realise that all he had anticipated was not at all what it seems.
  He weighed the question "can you kill for one million dollars? " its a lot of money,  the kind that will change his life forever.
  "Try me" he replied confidently.
She smiled "i admire your courage, How about, will you die for five million dollars?" she asked again.
Malik was getting angry at the direction of the conversation, she is calling millions and death at the same time, its somehow disturbing. 
"with due respect madam, i don't think this is funny." he said.
"let me rephrase this, will you dedicate your life for that amount? Its not a joke i have a proposal for you, i believe very soon you will be a millionaire, i want to know how far you are ready to go" she explained.
He sighed, "madam, i meant what i said earlier, i can kill for that amount,  i can do anything for that amount, my family depend on me, i won't  let morality get in my way,  if you see what i mean. " he replied.
"Thats good" she said as she opened her purse,  and fished out two bunches of one thousand naira notes and handed it to him, "This is payment for driving me home and keeping me company, come back tomorrow by 11:00 pm O'clock sharp"
  His jaw dropped as collected the money, "ahh! Madam God will bless you, thank you very much" he blabbered.
She handed him the car key he gave her earlier,  "You can use the car for now, don't be late,  tomorrow 11pm" she repeated.
Malik was not sure how he would respond, "No madam,  just leave the car this is enough,  thank you very much" he argued.
"i insist"

To be continued....