51. I Went Too Far

Start from the beginning

When I walked in, I looked around and I could tell Noah had a cleaner come and tidy up while we were in the hospital. Everything was pristine and in its place and it smelled nice, like a mix of fresh flowers and clean linens.

"I'm gonna bring Scarlett upstairs to her room and then I'll make us something to eat." Noah rubbed my shoulder for a moment as he passed me, taking Scarlett upstairs. I sighed to myself still remaining frozen for a few moments just thinking it was going to be weird sleeping in our bed tonight. But I was going to try.

I went to the kitchen to grab myself a water and I noticed a bunch of bouquets of flowers and gifts from fans scattered all across the kitchen table.

"Holy shit..." I said aloud as I walked over looking over all of the things people sent me after word got out about what happened to me. Random fans and friends of ours were sending their thoughts to us, and my heart squeezed with gratitude that so many people took the time to reach out to me . There were stacks of letters and get well cards and it made me feel seen that people cared this much.

Noah came down the stairs and came up behind me, setting the baby monitor on the counter so we could hear Scarlet if she woke up. He wrapped his arms around me, hugging me from behind and leaning down to rest his chin on my shoulder.

"I honestly always forget how fast word gets around..." I leaned my head back against him. It was slightly embarrassing as I was a very private person and now the whole world knew my traumatic business. "This was really nice of everybody."

"Mhm. A lot of people love you, Evie. And everybody has your back."

"I'm just thankful to have you. I don't know what I would do without you Noah." He turned me around and kept me in his  embraced. I truly felt sheltered by the love he blantany had for me, and every time I look at him it was just a reminder that I married the right man.

"I could say the same thing. I thought so much about what I would do if I lost you or Scarlett...and the pain is too much for me to even think about. We're going to get through this and things will turn around for you baby. In time. You're going to be okay, I know it." He reassured me and I just continued to hug him so glad I wasn't alone in this.

After a few silent moments I pulled away just enough to look up at him and admire his face. He had a little scruff, considering he hadn't had the opportunity to shave in a few days, and I smiled a bit at his hair. It was getting longer, falling down to right below his ears. He had to tuck it back  to keep it out of his face, and I loved the way the locks could flip up from behind his ears a bit with the slightest hint of curl.

"I know..." he misread my thoughts, "I really need a hair cut." He chuckled and ran his fingers back through his hair to bring it away from his face.

"Noooo." I wined slightly and I gave him a small smile. "I miss it longer, I think you should grow it out again."

"Really?" He raised an eyebrow, surprised considering I loved him with the short hair cut as well. I nodded eagerly.

The truth is, I didn't have a preference because Noah was absolutely handsome in any hairstyle. I did miss the long hair, that I would often call the "samurai" locks. The beautiful strands that would fall down below his shoulders. I really hoped Scarlett gets his perfect hair.

He shrugged.

"If that's what the wife wants, then it's done." He winked at me and I giggled a little as he leaned down to kiss me on my lips. I kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his neck, forgetting all of my misery for a moment. All I could think about was how thankful I was to be here for another day to feel his lips on mine. He really was my solace in all of this chaos and it was nice to forget about everything for a little while.
He pecked me sweetly a few times before pulling away.