Hollywood Dream

But you gotta learn the rules,

And shit there's a lot, like

Never do heroin, never do meth

"Hey Y/n could we talk about something?" Karl asked me.

I nodded softly as I got up from Niki's lap, gesturing him to my room. I closed the door after me, and sat down on the bed. "Yes?" I asked.

"You scare me. I know it sounds weird saying that, but you do. You look- starved. And it hurts to think that you've been even worse than this. Have you even been eating?" He asked me. I looked down at my feet, not answering.

"Karl.." I started, but was cut off.

"I don't need excuses Y/n. You look like you could end up in a hospital any day now. I need you to start eating." He said in a rush.

"I- I can't. I'm sorry, I can't. I've tried to get better. So hard. But it's not working out for me. Niki is my only peace of mind right now and I feel if I gain weight she'll just think I'm fat and leave me. I need Niki. And I can't live without her." I told him, trying to explain myself.

He just looked at me with worried eyes before hugging me. "I wish I could always be there for you.."

"I wish too. Sometimes things don't work out, Karl. I'll be fine. I promise." I mumbled into his arms as I pulled away from his embrace, walking out of the room, making sure he was following me. I sat back down on Niki's lap and smiled at her.

"So, I talked with Niki and we thought it might be good if Aaron and Zach actually moved in with you guys," Alex proposed his idea to me. "As Zach basically lives with mom and dad, but there aren't enough rooms. This house is fairly big, so it would be easier for our parents." He finished talking.

I thought for a minute before answering, "I don't mind, if it helps mum and dad. Plus, Zach's my friend so.. sure." I agreed. "Only if Niki's fine with it too, though." I added, to make sure that my girlfriend was okay with it as well.

"Yeah, sure I'm fine with that." She answered. I nodded and sighed softly.

"Anyways, how long are you staying, Karl?" I asked

"Just today, I'm going back home in the evening."

"When's your flight leaving?" I checked the time while asking this.

"Uhh, 19:55 I think," he said. I looked at him with a weird face.

"You're joking, right?"

"No..? Why?" His face was confused.

"Because it's literally 19:20 and the car ride there is an hour??" I freaked out. "Okay, Alex please get Karl to the airport as fast as possible," I said in a rush.

"On it." My brother answered as he gestured Karl to follow him. I hugged the leaving boy as a goodbye and let him go. I walked them out to the car, and came back in the house, shaking my head as I was still panicking. I sat down in a chair, my leg bouncing up and down from anxiety.

"You okay?" Niki asked me, a worried look plastered on her face.

"I'm fine," I smiled, "I am fine."

She suspected something was wrong, but I could see it on her face that she didn't want to push it. She looked down. "Do you trust me.?" She talked.

I nodded slowly, but surely. I did trust her, I just didn't want to burden her.

"What's wrong?" She asked. "I'm worried. And even if you feel like you would bother me with your problems, I promise that you wouldn't. I love listening to you, and helping you even more. And I am worried sick about you," She told me. "I want, I need you to open up. I'll try to help in any way possible."

I looked down at my feet, not wanting to cry. "I'm tired." I let out. "Incredibly tired. And no amount of sleep will ever help that." I told her.

She looked at me, her eyes full of hurt. She sat up from her seat, walking over to me and picking me up, bridal style and carrying me to bed.

"Wh- what are you doing?" I asked while chuckling a little. I sat up on the bed while she walked out.

"I actually don't know, but you just rest. I'll make your favourite food." She told me, and left the room. I sighed softly and decided to check my phone. I turned it on, only to see a message saying 'no social media for today.' I groaned and put it down on my nightstand, as I tried looking for things to do. I knew I was supposed to rest but I'd be bored out of my ass like this. I fake-cried as I waited for Niki to come back.

She walked back in the room, bringing me my favourite food. I smiled at her, and started eating, as this was one of my safe foods. I ate half of it, already full. I smiled at her before talking. "Thank you my love," I saw her blush, before walking back out again. After a minute or so, she entered, laying down next to me. I cuddled into her chest, her arms around my waist, in a rather protective way. I felt safe again. "I love you." I mumbled to her.

"I love you too," she said, but talked again after. "So so so much. And, I'm sorry you're going through all this. You deserve the best."

Though she couldn't see it, I smiled and fell into a comfortable silence. I felt my eyes getting heavy, and then went to sleep...

__________________________________________
Idk about this chapter, end is cute ig. I've been having the shittiest art block of my life and I can't do anything about it 😭

992 words~