FIFTY EIGHT(!!!)

ᴘᴏᴛɪʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪᴛ ʟɪɴᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ

D R A C O

"They should be dead for what they did to her," the words gritted out my teeth as I tried to keep my rage from exploding out of me. It would only cause wildfires.

"I know. I know," Stevey was pacing. He has been a mess, just like I have been. What they did to her fucked up everything and messed up the entire fucking plan. They should be dead and I'm not sure how long I can keep looking at Davina with her numb, blank expression. Her cold, tired eyes that are silently screaming for help and I have no choice but to pretend I don't notice. I do.

And that night out in the woods, in the relentless rain, when Stevey was crouching at her feet, and Davina was so careless talking about her death to him. Arranging it. She has lost all her care. Lost all motivation for life. We've ruined her.

And I hate that I like that.

I hate that she is like me but also love it.

I feel like I'm going insane. It's getting harder to cling onto sanity.

"Davina isn't doing okay," I said the words and they echoed back to me against the walls of the church. Stevey immediately stopped pacing. He turned. Faced me.

"We ruined her. At least that part of the plan has succeeded," Stevey said the words and I nodded my head. But we stood, in silence, in his church that had the rays of the golden sun glistening inside. Neither of us seemed pleased about that part of the plan having succeeded though. Not even the sunshine could make us smile.

We wanted to scare her. Bring her along the way until she felt insane. She was meant to be scared of us. But she is not. And she's not insane, she's miserable. And she doesn't even know it's me behind the mask. She trusts me. She loves me. That wasn't supposed to happen. But what the hell did we expect, she's special.

"Davina is not what I thought," Stevey uttered the words, quickly, like a deranged fool, "she has this fiery spark and this bravery that is so beyond me—she doesn't deserve to die. What a waste she would be if we killed her."

My heart was pounding.

I didn't need to convince Stevey not to kill her, she did that herself.

"I know I might sound like a fool in love saying this but," I braced myself for the lash of his hand, "I don't want to kill her. I want to be with her. I want her with us." With me.

Stevey's lash never came. He raised his chin and said, "She'll kill with us."

The thought alone made my body tense. And I apologize to God because the thought of Davina killing by my side turned me on. I grinned in response and Stevey nodded his chin and we conjured up a new plan. A better plan.

I found Davina sitting on the spiral staircase that led up to the dormitories. The common room was warm and quiet this evening, a few students scattered around in conversation and there she was, Davina was all alone with earphones in her ears. She looked sad, miserable, in a silent loop of constant suffering—A pretty thing she is. Pretty and sad and I want to make her feel better. Feel worse—

I approached her, walking until I stood in front of her and only when my shoes were in front of hers did she look up at me. Slowly, like she wasn't really here, like she didn't care.

I said nothing as she took the wires from her ear and slipped them into the pocket of her shirt. My eyes slipped down to her legs and those sheer black tights she wore, her skirt riding up her thigh. So dangerously high.