Narrative Story

There was a young man named JC, who was captivated and attracted to a young lady named Yumi. From the first moment JC saw Yumi, he loved her. And because of the love he felt, he courted the young lady. And in his attempt, Yumi agreed to be courted. But there was a condition, JC had to cultivate Yumi's land. JC needed to till, plant, and water the land. And because of the love JC felt, he agreed. He wanted to prove to Yumi how much he loved her.

JC tilled, planted, and watered. JC did not mind the intense heat of midday and even the late night hours while watching over Yumi's land. He seemed tireless in planting, tilling, and watering. One day, while JC was resting behind Yumi's house, Yumi's friends from the city arrived. When Yumi's friends noticed JC at the back of the house, they asked Yumi if he was her boyfriend. But Yumi said that JC was just a gardener, a caretaker of their land. JC, who was very tired, felt sad upon hearing what Yumi said, but he continued with tilling, planting, and watering.

JC decided to write a letter to the lady, and when he saw her acceptance, he started giving her letters every day. JC was almost ecstatic in writing the letters because he knew that the lady would love him through the heartfelt letters he wrote. One day, while sweeping the backyard of Yumi, JC noticed something falling from a sack of garbage. And when he looked at it, it was one of the letters he gave to Yumi and it had not been opened yet. When he searched the sack where the letter came from, he saw almost all the letters he gave to Yumi. Tears fell from his eyes at the pain he felt because all his letters, from the very first one, were there and none had been opened. Nevertheless, JC continued with tilling, planting, and watering. He loved Yumi so much.

And a few days passed, a rich young man became the talk of their village, the rich young man noticed the beauty of Yumi. And the rich young man courted her, and Yumi immediately agreed. JC was deeply hurt by what Yumi did, especially when he saw Yumi with the rich young man. And Yumi introduced JC as a slave, a caretaker of their land. Until the rich young man went to Manila and Yumi went with him.

While Yumi was away, JC did what he promised her, to prove his love for her, he continued tilling, planting, and watering. One day, the lady arrived crying and went straight into the house. JC learned that Yumi's boyfriend had married another woman. Because of this, he immediately went to Yumi, and JC tried to comfort her, but Yumi pushed him away and said that she could never love JC. Because of this, the young man could only stay outside Yumi's house, watching his beloved, while Yumi cried, JC felt a double pain.

JC still hoped, he wrote another letter for Yumi. He poured out all his feelings, even the pain in his heart, tears almost dripping onto the letter he was making. And after finishing it, he went to Yumi's house to give the letter. But Yumi was not there anymore. So he immediately searched for her, fearing that she might have done something. And he found her. He saw his beloved on the train tracks, and he saw the approaching train. He ran as fast as he could, holding the letter, tears streaming down his face, unable to scream to stop Yumi because he knew she would run away. With the approaching train, JC exerted all his strength in running. Until...

He pushed his beloved Yumi away, and he was the one hit by the train, almost crushed. Yumi saw the letter in the hands of the lifeless young man. And Yumi read the letter. And this was the content of the letter.

My dear Yumi,

From the first moment I saw you, I loved you. I worked hard to till, plant, and water the land for you. All because of my love for you. I am crying now as I hope you read this. I was hurt when you were ashamed of me in front of your friends. I was hurt when I saw that you never read my letters. I was hurt when you chose to be with a man who only deceived you. And I am deeply hurt when you said that you could never love me. I want to help you in your troubles, I want to lighten your burden. I want you to know that even though you have hurt me many times, I am still here, still loving you, and I am willing to give my whole life for my love for you. I love you very much. I hope you notice my love.

With all my love and waiting,

JC (Jesus Christ)

You may have been annoyed or angered by Yumi's actions towards JC, but I want you to know that Yumi means "You and me." Yes, you and me. JC saw you even before you were conceived and loved you. The tilling, planting, and watering symbolize your life, the blessings you receive. Have you thanked God?

Let's admit that many times we have been ashamed of God. We share more soap operas or Wattpad stories than the love of God. Many times, we do not read His daily letter for us, the Bible. We prefer to read pocketbooks, manga, or even stories on Wattpad. Most of all, you always seek true love but end up getting hurt. Why don't you try opening your heart? Love JC instead. You are the reason why He chose to die on the cross, just to prove His love for you. Until when will you disappoint Him? His palms are open, His shoulders are ready as He was nailed to the Cross. He is waiting for you to notice His love for you. He wants to help you with all your burdens and to ease the pain you feel. If you are hurt, He is hurt even more.

Romans 5:8 says, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

If you want to accept the love of JC (Jesus Christ) for you, say this prayer with all your heart:

Lord Jesus, I admit that I have many shortcomings. Many times, I have been ashamed of You, many times I have not read the Bible. Many times, I have sought true love and ignored Your love. I regret all my sins against You. Today, I accept You as my Lord and Savior. You will reign in my life. From now on, I will not be ashamed of You, I will share Your love. From now on, I will read Your Word, the Bible