I Am Here

Scene 16 (In the Countryside)

Days passed, and while Yumi was away, JC continued to till, plant, and water the land she left behind. He often hoped that Yumi would return.

"Even if it's hard, I'll endure it, I'll manage, even if it hurts, I'll wait," JC said to himself, exhausted from working on the land. He observed what he had done on the land, and the plants were slowly growing, some even bearing fruit.

Three and a half years passed.

"My Father, I have proven to you that I can do the love you talked about. If my life is what it takes, I'll do it. I really love her. I hope she returns," JC said, crying and looking at the sky.

Scene 17 (Behind the Fence, at Yumi's house)

JC returned to the back of the fence and sat down. Shortly after, a woman rushed into Yumi's house, crying hysterically. He heard her say,

"Why did you deceive me, why did you play with me, why did you hurt me, why didn't you tell me you were already married, it hurts, it hurts?" the woman who entered Yumi's house said.

JC peeked through the window and saw that the woman crying hysterically was none other than his beloved.

Tears started to fall from JC's eyes as he entered Yumi's house and hugged her, but she pushed him away forcefully.

"Yumi, I knew this would happen, so I waited for you. Yumi, I'm always here for you," JC said, crying.

"Waaah, stay away from me, why are you such a martyr? Why can't you just leave me alone?" Yumi cried.

"There's only one reason, Yumi, I love you so much, and I'm hurting more now seeing you cry. Yumi, just love me, I will never leave you, and I will never hurt you," JC said, almost feeling the pain in his heart.

"Can't you just leave me alone? I've never felt anything for you, I don't need you, and I will never be able to love you. Get out of my sight," Yumi shouted, pushing JC out of the door.

JC faced the window, where he could clearly see his beloved crying.

"My Father, this might be the most painful experience I've had, that she will never be able to love me," JC said, deeply hurt.

Slowly, JC stepped back, away from Yumi, tearful and with a wounded heart.