Chapter 5: Welcome to the Creed

Percy POV:
Oookay, that was strange. After that little "visit", with that person, I wondered, who was she? What was she talking about a 'creed'? And most of all, why did she come to me for this? Why me? All of these questions were rambling my head, as she walked away, being able to hear the screeches up at Half-Blood hill, which I've already learned to know it was Harpies when they're angry, and they probably smell that I'm nearby. So I decided to head back to my cabin, this time more discreetly and hide behind cover. But as I returned to my cabin, I looked down at the small iron token encasing the stain glass, and also the weird symbol in the center, an kind of upside down Roman numeral five, and a curve beneath it. Was this the symbol of the Assassins, and their so called 'creed' the girl was talking about? I had no idea. But I had to consider something like this, if I wanted to find the people responsible the death of Paul, then this group could help me.
***Timeskip***
Well, luckily I was able to return back to my cabin without being a Harpy's midnight snack, though I almost got caught by one, but I hid inside one of the dumpsters. Even though I had to take three showers to get the smell of garbage off of me. Now, after Chiron has let me go out of camp for a little while, I had promised my mom I would go to Paul's funeral, and so I kept that promise and did go. It was hard, wearing a black suit, in the center of a grave yard of thousands of stone graves and statues, and person in the coffin is surrounded by the people that they loved in their life before they're buried beneath the ground. I stared down at the open furnished coffin, over the now pale body of my stepfather in his black suit, his eyes closed, and he had a calm look to his face, even though I absolutely knew he was gone from this world, and possibly now in the seating room with Charon, moving on into the underworld. My mom cried, and so did my relatives and Paul's family members. As we seated in the front, I stared into the coffin, looking over my loving stepfather, lying in his coffin. The priest was saying the final prayers for him, I couldn't understand what the priest was saying, but I knew it was important to Paul, as a final prayer. Then as I looked over Paul's neck, it looked like a small scar, but I knew it was never there before, and it looked like it was just starting to grow over. Was that something that was involved in his death, because I remember the police or ambulance couldn't find anything related to a murder. I kept looking at it, and wonder what it was, a stab? No to small. A bullet? No, the ambulance could've found the bullet, but found nothing. Maybe a poison wound. I had no time to worry about something like this. I had my arm around my mom, my hand on her shoulder, and she cried into a tissue, and it was hard for me to see her like this, since I never saw her like this, crying, and sad. It was hard for me, for my mom, for all of us, since Paul was a very good guy, and my mom was very in love with him, and I could never deny that I have the courage to accept him as a stepfather. And I heard the last few words the priest said; "those who shall oppose you, they shall be nothing. Those who war against you, become nothing. But fear not, for I will take your right hand, and say 'do not worry, I shall guide you'. The lord is my Shepard, I shall not want. Rest in peace" and he made a simple last prayer gesture. And we watched as the coffin door was closed, and I saw my last sight of Paul's face, and my last look at the weird wound on his neck was out of sight. The coffin lowered down, from up above to down in the rectangle shaped hole, until it went in the darkness, and I didn't see it again. My mom sobbed more after seeing it disappeared in his own coffin down in the hole, and I knew Paul was everything to her, and now he's gone. After the funeral, I saw the men who work here at the graveyard start shovelling the dirt into the hole, and I looked at his cross-shaped gravestone, and the way my mom cried, it was nothing I could bear to ignore her tears, so I hugged her, and she sobbed into my suit. "Percy..." She said, "yeah, mom"? She looked up at me with her sad eyes, and she said "will you be okay"? I didn't know how to answer that, with one of the loving I people I know gone, killed in an accident or murdered, I wouldn't know if I would be alright or not. But I nodded my head, and hugged her again.
***Timeskip***
A month has passed ever since the funeral. And I was back in school at Goode high, though it would be hard and awkward without Paul. As for my mom, she's starting to pull herself together after the incident, but the question is, am I okay? Right now, i don't know, all I know is that Paul was not in an accident, it was an assassination attempt, one which I will get my revenge on. Once I was done with my first day at school, I decided to make the decision of joining the Assassins, and do something worth living for. So after my first day of school, I took out the silver token, with the symbol on it, and remembered I'd have to go underneath the subway train track on the Third Avenue line and find a secret entrance to the Assassin bureau, but I still didn't understand what Elizabeth said about "find something electrical". Whatever the case, I'm going there. So I got into a cab after school, I called over a cab, and sat in the backseat. "Where do you wanna go kid" the driver said, and I replied "Third Avenue please".
After the drive, I payed the guy and got out, and looked around the neighbourhood. It looked all that pleasant, but though I didn't like the smell around here much when I was younger, and yet, I still don't. I looked up at the abandoned subway line, where the wooden planks weren't holding up well, and the steel tracks were already starting to rust. If this is where the Assassin's Bureau is hidden, then they should've picked a better place to hide it. I looked around underneath the line, and tried to find anything that would stand out to hide it, maybe a secret elevator or staircase, or a hidden door underneath a rusty old dumpster. And I had to remember to "find something electrical". And I saw not that many things electrical, except for a few power lines, but I doubt the Assassins would make the entrance key that high above the ground. And then I looked over to one of the green steel supports and saw an electric box, with it's electrical circuits moving both up towards the tracks, and the other pointed towards the paved ground, and went down. Above the box was a small white mark, almost faded, but I made out the shape, it was the Assassin's symbol, the same as on the small token. This is it.
I checked the electric box, and opened it up, and saw the wiring cases up, and I checked around, until I saw a small socket big enough for the token and had the Assassin symbol in the middle. So I took the token out of my pocket and placed it in the socket. Nothing happened... Until then I heard a rumbling sound beneath me, and then the a small part of the ground starting opening up and up came a metallic cage-looking machine. The rumbling ground was going on for a moment, hard to believe nobody would feel this in their houses, this is probably what earthquakes feel like. And then after a few seconds, the rumbling stopped, and I looked closely, and saw it was an old fashioned luggage elevator, like at an old fancy hotel. How convenient. I got inside the elevator, and pulled the switch. Another rumbling happened, this time the elevator went down beneath the ground, and the secret entrance was closing, until it closed up, and the elevator's lights lit up. I looked around and saw dirt, rocks, and metal beams with a meshed fence holding it all together away from the elevator. After a minute, the elevator then made a stop, and I heard a 'DING', and the door opened, leading into a stone hall. Amongst the walls were several hanging red banners with the Assassin symbol, and there were tall, stone statues, almost cracked apart, but most of them resembled a man or woman wearing a hooded robe, with a belt and a blade wielded by their wrists, just like the people I saw in my dream. In fact, this place looked EXACTLY like the place in my dream. I stepped off the elevator and went down the hall slowly, before I heard the elevator door close, and there was no going back.
As I walked down the hallway, I looked over at the statues, all of them looked different, and also legendary, and I've looked at every one of them. I knew Annabeth would love to put something like this in her architectures. Then I heard a voice behind me. "Glad to see you've finally came kid". I turned swiftly, and saw Elizabeth leaning next to one of the male statues, and her hood was down, revealing her short brown hair, and her weapons were gone. "Yeah" I replied, "but though you could've put this place someplace else than this though". She stood upright from the statue, and walked towards me slowly. "We had no choice. Our enemies would've found us if we weren't careful, or if put it somewhere that says 'Assassin's here'. Besides, it's easy for you to find kid. Come on". And we walked down the hall, and I looked around, there were wooden and glass display cases of very old stuff, goblets, vials, even old swords and assassin belt buckles. And I saw people around us, all hooded, armed, and silent as they saw me. If this is what Assassin's are like, then they have no sense of a smile. Then I walked down the staircase, and Elizabeth stopped in her tracks, I looked and she said "go on, this is only for you. Time for your trial". I nodded, turned and walked down, until I was in a stone room. Wide enough for a council. But this room looked so... Familiar. And I soon realized it, this is the exact same room from my dream, which meant it was no dream, it was something meant to happen. Then I looked up, the same four people from the dream appeared, standing above me, and in their brownish black cloaks, and suits. Then one of them said "approach. Perseus Jackson". It seemed weird, having someone know my actual name, but I did as he asked, and stepped forward, with four pairs of eyes watching over me calmly. And one of them, a woman, said "Perseus Jackson. You have known to be a criminal, an enemy before in your young lifetime, before, a terrorist, a threat, and so on. But we have seen who you truly are, an ally, a friend, a hero. You have fought people before in the name of justice. And we are all proud of that". I was very excited to hear that, them calling me a hero, it felt like something the gods would call me, but I think they had no idea the 'people' I fought were actually monsters, but they couldn't see through their mortal eyes, but I didn't judge. "The question is" one of the elder assassins said, "are you ready to walk the eagle's path? To join the brotherhood, you must complete this task, in order to be welcome to our creed". I nodded. "Very well, then take a drink form the cup", and I looked in front of me, where a metal goblet was placed, surrounded be a few torches, and there was a weird liquid inside it. I approached it, picked it up, and took a drink. At first I thought it was just a simple taste of something like cranberry and apple, almost wine-like, then I felt myself weaken a bit, and I dropped the cup. I bent down, and thought 'did they poison me'?! Then I saw the world was dissolving, and I saw that it was reshaping, until I was standing in front of Goode, but I don't remember that there was only one car parked outside, and I new who's it was, Paul's blue Toyota Prius, which was not that recognizable, unless you noticed the hoof shaped dent on his hood, which he hasn't fixed yet. From the school, only one light was illuminating from the window, which was the history class, Paul's class. And then it turned off, and within a few minutes, Paul came running out of the building, wearing his denim jacket and black t-shirt. He was holding his black suitcase, most of the papers were hanging loose, and he was sure in a hurry, because he was on the phone, and said "Sally! Sally!! I found it! I really found it!! I'm coming home now"!!! Now I guess I know what my mom meant by when he called and said he 'found it'. But at that same moment, a guy, in a black trench coat, and a black fedora, discreet, but he had a red cross pin, which he took the pin and it extended out a bit, and he pushed it down on Paul's neck, exactly where the scar was on his neck. And Paul sidestepped after it struck him, and he kicked him up in the guy's face. I knew Paul was a nice guy, but I didn't expect he would now something like martial arts. He covered his wound, blood was dripping, and so was a green liquid, poison, like I guessed. He pulled the pin out, covering the wound. But the guy who attacked him recovered, and was getting back up, pulling out an extendable baton, and almost struck him, but Paul countered it and punched the guy in the throat, this guy the guy didn't get back up. Paul ran and got in his car. And he didn't hesitate but to drive away. Then the guy got up, and was bruised, he pulled out a gun from his coat, and pulled the trigger, and the bullet hit the back wheel of Paul's car. The car spun out of control, before hitting the sidewalk edge, and flipped, crashing down the road, car pieces and debris flying off, rolling a dozen times, before stopping, and smoke was coming from the crash site. I for my heart sink, and I felt one tear dribbling down form my eye, I stood here, watching as how the man killed my loving stepfather, poisoned him, and finished him. I felt a course of anger in my skin, a feeling of revenge, vengeance, wanting to kill the man. I stopped standing there, and i sprinted towards the man, with a feeling of something I have never felt before, a feeling of revenge, and the death of him. I pulled and uncapped Riptide out of my pocket, raised it, and then with one single blow, I struck Riptide through his body, whether he was mortal or not, he will die. His wound was bleeding easily, and I let Riptide out of his body, and capped it back in my pocket. He still stood, and then he fell down hard, and his blood escaped from his body and around the corpse. His fedora fell and I saw his face, greyish black long hair, almost early 50's, leathery skin, and somewhat two different eye colours, blue and orange. I set down, looking down at the guy, and closed his eyes by my fingers. And I checked his jacket for anything, and found something, two things; a letter that was found to be a contract, stating to find, and kill Paul, for getting into unwanted knowledge, which was assigned to this guy. The other was a small document, in a brown folder, and written on it was: P.O.E. Project, and this folder was by one place; Abstergo Industries. Before I could look in the file, this place was dissolving, returning back into the real world, the cup still laid on the ground, and this time, the four people in the cloaks were now standing before me, now with their hoods off. "Perseus Jackson, is dead now, he is lost of this world, lost his life, his loved ones, his friendship apart, and the loss of family. He is reborn again, new, powerful, and now a brother of the Assassin's creed". Then one of the Assassin's members, let my arm out, and starting attaching a weird mechanism, a blade, and once done, I flicked my wrist up, and a blade emerged from the mechanism, the same one I saw from the dream from the four elder Assassins. I stood up, and then the four last Assassins said together "follow these rules of our brotherhood; keep your blade from the flesh of the innocent. Hide in plain sight. And do not compromise the brotherhood. And remember these words; nothing is true, everything is permitted". I bowed, and repeated the words, "nothing is true everything is permitted". Then another Assassin member approached me, and handed me a set of clothes, all white, grey, and red, along with a belt and strap bag.

"Welcome to the Brotherhood

"Welcome to the Brotherhood. Perseus Jackson. You may dress now, and come see me when you have the moment" one of them said. I nodded, and went towards on the rooms, where I dressed in my new clothes. I was no longer a simple demigod who helped to saved the world twice, a hero to the gods of Olympus. I am now a hero to the people. I, am an Assassin.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: How was it? Hope you all enjoy it. Sorry it takes so long to update a chapter, but I'll continue the story to the end. Don't forget to follow me, and leave a like and comment. And share this too, and I'll follow all of you if you do. ^-^