FLOWERS.

I wake up and realize I wasn't in my own bed. My parents are gonna kill me. "Cairo?" I mumble. The house was quiet. I get out of her bed. I don't think anything happened. I still have my clothes on. I rub my eyes and walk down the stairs, into the kitchen. There were flowers with a note next to them. I read the note out loud, quietly to myself, "Y/N, I had to go out somewhere for work, but I left you these flowers. Feel free to go home or stay. — Love, Cairo." How sweet. (No pun intended..)

I put the little note in my pocket and I grab the vase with the flowers in it. I want these to live forever. I walk out of her house through the front door and walk back to my house. Hopefully no one is home. I quietly step into my house and go up the stairs, into my room.

I put the flowers on my desk, along with the note right next to it. "Y/N?" My mom knocks on my door. "Yeah?" I say. "You're awake already?" My mom comes into my room. "Yeah, I slept really good, I guess." I shrug. "What time did you come home last night?" She asks. "10:00." I lie. "Oh okay, I guess your father and I were already asleep." She chuckles. I just nod my head.

I watch my mom leave my room and I let out a big breath of air. "I thought I was gonna get caught." I mumble to myself. I left my phone here while I was at Cairo's. I check my phone, seeing 5 text messages and 4 missed calls from Winnie. Does she think I got kidnapped or something??

I try to call Winnie. No answer. I'll just see her later and ask her about it. Once I tell her I stayed the night over at Cairo's, she's never gonna let that go. It's not a bad thing, right?

I was still in the same clothes from yesterday so I decided to change. I look at the flowers through the mirror. I love them, but I don't think it was necessary for her to get me some. I would've understood if she just left the note.

I walk downstairs to find my mom and dad sitting down at the table in the kitchen. "Good morning." I say, walking into the kitchen. "Good morning, do you want anything to eat?" My dad asks. I'm surprised. "No, but I'll sit down with you guys." I pull a chair out and sit down. "So, what did you and your teacher talk about yesterday?" My mom asks. Shit. "Oh uh, we talked about what I'm going to write about for my project." I say. "So, what are you gonna write about?" My dad asks. "It's a surprise cause I know you love them!" I say, sarcastically.

My dad rolls his eyes. I can't tell if he's trying to joke around with me or if he's being serious. He never jokes around. "You do know you have school today, right?" My mom reminds me. "Yes, I'm aware." I was not aware, I had forgotten. "Do you have everything?" She asks. I just nod my head.

"Okay, I'm gonna get going." I say to my parents. They both say bye to me. I grab my bag and walk out the door. Winnie was just walking up to my door. "Winnie, hi.." I mumble. "Why didn't you answer me at all yesterday!?" Winnie yells. "Just let me explain and don't interrupt me with any of your comments or questions!" I look at her. She nods her head.

"Last night, I was at Miss Sweet's house and we had drinks. We were apparently supposed to be talking about our project.. we didn't talk about that at all." I start to explain. "Oh my god! You guys fucked!" She nudges me. "We did not fuck! I just stayed the night at her house cause I was drunk!" I shake my head. "Y/N? You? Drunk?" Winnie raises her eyebrows. "Yes Winnie!" I roll my eyes. "Didn't think you had it in you." She mutters.

I explained everything on the way to school. We walk inside the building. "If you say one word about anything, I will kill you." I lean against the locker next to Winnie's. "I'm not gonna tell anyone, I don't have any friends, Y/N." Winnie stands next to me. "Tell anyone what?" Miss Sweet walks up to us. "Nothing, nothing." I look at her. "Doesn't seem like it and we need to talk after class." Cairo pokes my arm. I nod my head, "Yes ma'am." "You don't need to call me ma'am, Y/N, I'm not that old." Cairo teases. "I wasn't trying to call you old!" I roll my eyes at her. I watch Cairo walk off to her classroom.

"Oh and when I woke up this morning, she left me flowers." I smile. "She's literally into you!" Winnie looks at me. "She's my teacher! Don't say that!" I shake my head. "She is and you know it." Winnie glares at me. "Whateverrr." I exaggerate. Winnie and I walk to class. I felt a pair of eyes watch me as I walked in. We sit at the same table.

"She's staring at you.." Winnie whispers. I nudge her arm, "shut up." The bell rang for class to start. Everyone else walks in, sitting down in their seats. "Has everyone picked what they're writing about for the project?" Miss Sweet asks. Everyone shouted out their answers besides me. "Do you know what you're writing about, Y/N?" Cairo asks me. "Yes ma'am, we had a conversation about it yesterday." I smirk, looking at her in the eyes. "Correct." Cairo looks away from me. "Can you please help me with this project?" Winnie turns to look at me. "Yes, I will help you. You know that." I giggle.

"If you know what you're writing about, get started and if you don't, figure it out." Miss Sweet says before letting us work on our own. "Y/N, can you come here for a moment?" She asks. I nod my head, walking up to her desk, "Did I do something wrong?" "No, Y/N. Did you like the flowers? Were they okay?" Cairo whispers. "I love them. They're great," I smile at her, "You didn't need to do that for me." Cairo nods her head, "Yes I did."

"Okay, I took them home and they're in my room." I say. "I think they will last a while." Miss Sweet remarks. "What you said when you were answering my question, don't do that. People will find out." She says, quietly. "You don't want people to know?" I ask, sounding a little upset. "It's not allowed, Y/N." She says.

"Okay, I see how it is." I nod my head, before walking back to my desk. "What was that about?" Winnie whispers. "I don't wanna talk about it." I mumble. "You okay?" She asks. I only nod my head, staring at the wall that's straight ahead of me. Winnie started her project.

I could only think about what Cairo said. Why couldn't people know? Nothing bad happened. Nothing inappropriate happened, unless drinking alcohol at your teacher's house is inappropriate, then something inappropriate happened.