HOME

I had just moved to Tennessee. I live in a smaller town, but there was still a good amount of people. The houses were huge. Might as well call them mansions. I start a new school with no friends, but I have Winnie. Winnie moved to Tennessee a few years ago. I convinced my parents to let us move to Tennessee. It was hard for me to be without Winnie. I didn't have that many friends back in my old town, so leaving them didn't really bother me. 

I start going to my new school in two days. It's currently Sunday. It's 2:30 PM. I'm still rearranging my stuff in my room. I'm afraid of meeting new people and the teachers. I don't like crowds that much or loud people.

I walked into my room. There was a window right when you walk into the room. I saw this woman. She looked young, but wasn't too sure. She was gorgeous, like the prettiest girl I have ever seen. Hopefully she isn't a teacher.

I went downstairs just to see my parents arguing, like always. Nothing new. Just get a divorce already is all I have been wanting to say my entire life. Too afraid to say it though. My father would slap the shit out of me if I ever say anything like that.

"Can you guys please stop arguing?!" I shouted over them, "We just got here!" Both of my parents turned to look at me and just sighed before walking away from each other. Mom went outside and dad went to go get a beer. I decided to follow my mom. As soon as I walked outside, I saw her. I saw the woman talking to my mom and most likely introducing herself. 

"I'm Cairo Sweet." I overheard her as she was talking to my mom. They continued to have the conversation and I just stood there, admiring Cairo. "This is my daughter, Y/N," My mom said to Cairo and pulled me up to her, trying to get me to introduce myself. "Hi." I put my hand out to shake hands. "I'm Cairo, Cairo Sweet." Cairo shook my hand. Her grip was firm. Her skin was smooth. "I'm Y/N," I smiled at her, looking her straight in the eyes before letting go of her hand.

"I'll be inside." My mom says to the both of us before going inside. 

"You just move here?" Cairo asks me. "Yeah, I convinced my parents to move here so I could be with my best friend again," I nodded my head as I spoke. "I think you'll love it here. The weather is usually pretty good, just rains sometimes, but not too much." Cairo explained.

"Who is your best friend? Not trying to be weird or anything." Cairo waited for me to answer. "Winnie Black," I say. "Oh, I know her. She is my student in English." Cairo smiled. "You're a teacher.." I pressed my lips together, taking a deep breath in. She nodded, "You going to this school now?"

"Correct." I reply.

"Great! I guess I already met the new student then. They talked to me about someone new moving here, but turns out were neighbors." Cairo had a smirk on her face. "You like writing?" I asked. "Yeah, I do." She nodded, "yourself?" 

"Yeah, I love it. My mom always said I was a great writer." I say. "Your dad in the picture?" She asks, but with a little bit of a quiet voice. I nodded, "He doesn't really.. care that much, if that makes sense.

"Makes a lot of sense." Cairo says as she looks me in the eyes.

"I got to go unpack a little, but I guess I'll see you around." I sound a little disappointed. "Yeah, definitely." She nods her head.

"Goodnight Cairo." 

"Goodnight Y/N."

I went back into my house and I watched Cairo go back to hers. I went back up to my room, trying to finish unpacking before I need to go to sleep. 

Unpacking was the worst thing. It takes up so much time for no reason. I'll be done before I know it.