Chapter 6.5

The bell of the afternoon class rings. I sat down on the chair near a window and prepared my things on my desk. The dream is vaguely clear in my head as I spaced out, looking at the other students shifting toward their circle of friends or just idling around to find their respective seats.

I sighed as I leaned my cheek against my head supported by my elbow resting on the desk as I glanced at the front of the room. My eye twitched in utter disagreement and immediately turned my head to the scenery behind the window because I had just seen the teacher I wanted to avoid as much as possible.

That teacher is none other than Miss Robins.

We were told that we don't have any more to discuss and yet, why is the stout woman teacher here? First, that dream--a nightmare-ish dream! And now, this! "I was so~ unlucky for today," I muttered to myself as I pouted in annoyance.

The class started and ended without me having problems with Miss Robins. When we walked past each other, she didn't utter a single word but I saw a faint smile only glancing for me to notice.

My eyes narrowed in curiosity as the itching part of my brain wanted to seek the hidden message of that look. It's frustrating. Days passed and this was the only time I encountered Miss Robins again and now, she gives me a hint with no ideas to be given in the case I'm currently working.

What an actual lucky day for m--"Hey! Watch where you're going!" I shouted as someone nudged my shoulder from the back.

The person passed me as if I was just a wind knocked out lightly. I observed the person from their back. Freshly clean cut. Tall based on height, probably more than 5"7 tall. The clothes are khaki pants and a comfortable cotton T-shirt. One sling of his backpack rests around his arm and his left hand is in the pants' pocket. 

And what nerve does this guy have to just ignore me?!

"Tch," I clicked my tongue in irritation and crossed my arm. I stared with rage at the guy's neck, trying to see if his intuition could feel my stare creepily crawling his skin like a serpent. 

"If only he had a connection with Claire Ainsworth's case," I muttered and sighed and turned my back to him, my anger depleted immediately as I started walking in the other direction. But as I was about to take a step, someone grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me to just turn around and see a man with the most beautiful eyes. Ocean and sapphire. That's the only thing I could describe him. Not to mention his hair is black and compliments his other features as well: sharp jaw, luscious lips, clean skin, ocean sapphire eyes... eyes... eyes... eyes... eyes... eyes... eyes... eyes...

"HEY!"

My eyes widened as I snapped out of my thoughts and stared at the guy with a beautiful face I'd ever seen. His eyebrows furrowed, eyes widening in shock and revelation. I observed him further. That bag, shoes, outfit... Wait...

Don't tell me this is the guy who bumped into me!

"Hey, you're the guy who bumped me!" I complained but his grip tightened on my wrist and his other hand landed on my shoulder, grip the same as the other, making me wince.

"Hey, you know Claire?" The guy asked in a melodramatic tone.

I tilted my head to observe his face and set a replay in my head to recall his voice. Wait, he seems familiar. That sapphire eyes and his face. I feel like I've seen him somewhere.

"Hey, are you listening to me?!" I swatted his hands that were on my shoulder now shaking me violently.

"I'm not 'Hey!' and yes, I know a Claire. Who are you, anyway?" I asked in an irritating tone.

He sighed. "That's not important right now. The important thing is, you know a Claire and an Ainsworth?"

Wait,  he knows Claire Ainsworth? There's a sudden spark of hope within me. 

"Yes, I do but not in the way you think. And you," I pointed at him, the edge of my finger poking to his chest as my eyes narrowed in annoyance. "What did you know about her? You know something."

He was taken aback and his hands' grip loosened but my hands were quick, forcing his hands back on my shoulders and locking them there as I leaned forward at him. I don't care if he smells like a fresh scent of flowers and woods as if he is looking handsome, WAY MORE HANDSOME in a nearer perspective, or if our noses are almost touching. He tried to take a step back but I pulled him by the shirt and locked him in his place.

"Tell me what you know," I said slowly as if a killer threatening someone, and I leaned more, our mouth almost just an inch in breath and sharp gazes shouted at his beautiful ocean sapphire eyes. "And I'll tell you what I also know about Claire and her case."

###