Prologue

"No, no! Stay away!" shouted the girl as she ran fast, trying to escape from the entity running behind her. Leaves rustled and crumpled as she stomped on them one by one. Her breathing became heavy as her pace went faster and faster, her feet leading her to don't-know-where.

She looked back at the entity, her eyes widened as she saw its face again, giving her the chills, the unpleasant tingles going through her body. She felt hot though the temperature was cold and misty in the deep forest. Drips of sweat came down her forehead. She suddenly fell down the dried leaves, and her elbow came in contact with the ground in a forceful pain experience.

"Aaghh!" she cried in agony and pushed herself to lie down on the hard ground as she held her injured elbow. But then, she stopped shouting.

'He's here,' she thought.

The leaves in the tall trees danced with the cold blow of the wind. It made her shiver. The cold bothered her but she was more concerned by the entity chasing after her. The footsteps have once been heard again. She sucked a breath, trying not to make even the tiniest noise.

She's still lying down, her injured arm resting on the hard ground while the other was on her mouth, keeping her from screaming. Her eyes closed. Once again, she heard the footsteps by the crisps of the leaves.

'It's getting nearer... Please, somebody...'

It's getting nearer... nearer... A sense of predictable danger has been decided at that time. The young girl put all her strength into what she did next. She stood up and forced herself to run through the silent woods. She flinched as she felt the piercing pain from her injured elbow to the tips of her fingers. Yet, she can't help but continue running, running, running.

'Damn, arm, but... I need to get out of here,' she thought.

"I need to get out of here... I want to go home..." she whispered as she turned to her right. But then...

BANG!

~~~