1. first times mission

SOFIA ROMANO

SOFIA ROMANO

I yawned as I was cradling my baby in my arms, in the middle of the night. Multiple restless nights have passed. Who knew motherhood would be this difficult, but she's my baby and i'd do anything for her.

Isla finally fell asleep in my arms after thirty minutes of rocking her back and forth. I placed her down inside of her crib and went back to bed hoping to get at least half an hour of sleep.
After all thats happened my best friend Jade helped me take care of baby Isla providing shelter and food.

Of course, I had helped a little too as I didn't want her to spend all of her money on us. I had a job nearby, it was a small cafe that people barely knew of. But of-course I had to have another job, I couldn't just work at a small cafe hoping for a promotion as the pay was low.

The cafe was just a side hustle for when i was off of work, I originally started working for the FBI but haven't had any missions to go on or any task so I applied to work in this cafe. It was quite blissful as far as i've seen it, customers are always sweet and tip decently and we've had some loyal customers coming in most days.

As I was about to get into bed my phone started ringing and I mentally cursed who ever called at this time, but, it was my boss. This was unusual of him to call this late so i picked up.

"Hello?" I started

"Sofia, sorry for calling late but we ran into some trouble and we need your help. There's been multiple counts of murder around the city and we need you to go around and try to find the person up to this. But, of-course, this is a dangerous job so we will have people around to ensure you're safe at all times." he threw all of that information at me at once.

What the fuck.

"What time do I come by?" i asked grunting silently.

"Right now." he silently yelled.

"What? What can we possibly get done starting at two in the freaking morning?" I practically screamed into the phone.

"A lot, listen Sofia, this isn't the time to argue we need to end this as soon as possible before it gets out of hand." he argued

Bullshit, you couldn't care less you dumb fuck.

I simply hung up on him, I couldn't stand his voice any longer or my phone would've crumbled in my hands. I got up and went into my closet and picked out a black turtleneck shirt and a long coat pairing it with black jeans and knee high black boots.

 I got up and went into my closet and picked out a black turtleneck shirt and a long coat pairing it with black jeans and knee high black boots

I gathered all stuff in my purse and left a note for Jade letting her know I would be home late and to take care of my baby. I rushed out of the door wanting to go back home already.

I slid into the drivers seat of my car and made my way to the office.

I walked into the building not giving a shit. As my boss kept blabbing about some shitty plan that even a two year old would scoff at I walked out the building still not giving a shit.

His plan was to find the person responsible for the killing, befriend them, find their allies if they even had allies, report back, not get caught, then catch them and arrest them.

Did he pull that out of his ass or what?

I made my way to the scene of the first reported body. The first thing i noticed was that the psychopath had chopped their head off. I moved closer to the body inspecting under their nails for any DNA evidence but there was none.

It was almost like he just dropped dead and his head was magically cut off. I checked for any hair or saliva around the area and sampled some blood as some could possibly be the killers if the victim fought back.

There was no hair or anything, I slid closer to the victims head and moved the hairs away and off his forehead. I froze in my path as my breath hitched.

The letter "G" was marked brain deep into the poor man's forehead.

"Hey, i have some evidence here, it could possibly be marked by the same man who killed him or their gangs name." I called out knowing it was definitely marked by the psychopath behind all the stress i've been getting.

"Oh, that is bad." my co-worker Seth whispered.

No fucking shit.

"I'm gonna go ahead to the next crime scene, see you later after I gather up some information." I bid my goodbyes and made my way to god know where.

Well what a fucking surprise!

The victim was one I knew way too well.

It was my father.

My heart broke in pieces as I glared at my father's lifeless body hanging off the dumpster his head hanging onto his body by one string, obviously sewn by the person responsible. I don't know why im feeling this way after all that he's done to me, but a part of me was wishing it was me instead of him.

He may have done the worst and never showed me love or affection like a real father did, but he was still my father. All i've ever craved was my daddies love and affection and before I could ever get it some dumb fucker murdered him in cold blood.

And once again he was marked with the letter G on the top of his head.

I continued the rest of the day going from place to place.

✿ ✿ ✿