12. Letting Go for Good

Rayne's POV

A couple months had passed since I last saw Johnny and honestly it's the happiest I've been in a long time. I'm super active in school, even found myself sporting a cheer uniform an extra curricular activity I wasn't exactly expecting to participate in. I was sitting outside of the school on a bench waiting for someone to pick me up from school, being able to take myself home would be a blessing one day. I thought to myself as I saw my grandmother's PT cruiser pulling into the parking lot at top speed. As it came to a stop, the passenger window rolled down and there in the driver's seat was none other than my uncle Ryry. He smiled big "I heard my Raynedrop was needing a ride back to the castle of doom."

"About time. How did you get Grandma's car anyways?" I asked as sat in the seat and buckled myself in.

He shrugged his shoulders "I might've just took the keys." He said before letting out his famous cackle. I shook my head and laughed with him. "So how was your day?"

I sighed as I looked out the window slowly watching the school make it's way out of my sight "Good." I turned to give him a smile.

"I could be wrong, but I feel like that smile was a little bit fake." He said as he looked over at me.

I laid my head against the seat and sighed "Maybe you're a little bit right. I really did have a great day, but since I've gotten out of class today I just feel like something is a little bit off. Like something I don't expect will happen, off."

"I think you're just overthinking."

I let out a small laugh "You could be right."

As we turned onto the main drag home, I suddenly heard the phone my dad had recently gotten me going off. I have been getting so many calls and texts from a random number that I'm not familiar with. I tossed the phone back in my bag and sighed "What's up?"

"Nothing just keep getting calls and texts from this random number. I'm sure it's probably just spam." I said while looking out of the window suddenly realizing damn well who it was. The rest of the car ride remained silent, which is unusual with Ryan in the car, but I think he could tell there was alot on my mind at the moment.

Moments later, Ryan parked the car in front of the house door. I walked in through the front door to smell the wonderful smell of my grandmother's cooking and alot of commotion from the pirate bar. I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked at Ryan who was also doing the same "I'm gonna head down to see what's up." He said as he made his way down to the second level of the home.

I poked my head into the kitchen, to see my grandmother cooking and gossiping on the phone with someone. I made my way upstairs to relax in my room, as I hit the top of the staircase and turned to my left to go to my room. I noticed my bedroom door was slightly open and I know I had shut it before I'd left this morning. I walked to my room, slowly pushing the door opened to only find a scruffy sleeping Johnny on my bed. I shut my bedroom door hard, the sound causing him to stir and turn onto his side pulling a pillow closer to him. "Whoever keeps slamming the door really needs to stop." He said clearly annoyed.

"I'll slam it louder next time. "

He raised his head to look in my direction and as his eyes landed on me a smile started to creep upon his face. "Hey." He'd said.

I rolled my eyes and tossed my bag onto the the floor, turning around to leave the room. Before I had knew it Johnny had sprang from the bed and held the door before I could try to open it. Both of his hands were placed on the door in front of me, "You're not running this time. I've been trying to call and text you the last 3 months and I can't get a response from you."