1: Happy Birthday

Rayne's POV

The sound of waves and the smell of fresh salt air, my favorite signs of the first day of summer break. I opened my eyes feeling the sun shine through the french doors of my bedroom, I stretched before crawling out of bed and opening the doors to take in the fresh California air. I leaned on the railing of the balcony feeling the fresh Pacific wind roll through, my favorite part of California, the feeling of summer most of the year. I smile realizing this is possibly my most favorite time of year, it's not too cold it's not too hot, it's perfect.

"RAYNE! BREAKFAST IS READY!" I heard my step dad Chad yell from downstairs.

I pushed myself off of the railing, making my way downstairs to find him sitting at the kitchen island eating a plate of food as he ready the local paper. "Where's mom?" I asked as I grabbed a plate, suddenly realizing I hardly ever see them in the same place together lately.

"She went into her studio early so she could make it back home for your birthday dinner." He said as he put down his newspaper, "Which leads to my next question. I'm going to have the staff at my restaurant prepare something for dinner, would you rather eat here or at the restaurant? I'm going to clear the place tonight if you would like to eat there."

I shook my head as I took a seat across from him. "No, keep it open. I'd much rather just have dinner here at home." I said reassuring my decision with a smile.

"Are you sure? It's your seventeenth birthday, it's still kind of a big deal." He said before taking a sip of his coffee.

"Nope. Just home with my family." I said before taking a bite of the Belgian Waffles Chad made.

"Whatever you want kiddo." He said before sitting his coffee cup down and taking a look out of the kitchen window. "Waves look pretty narly today." He said studying the ocean view.

I took a sip of orange juice to wash down the waffles before saying "Yeah, I was thinking about going out. Not to surf clearly, just to see what was going on down at the beach today."

"Yeah, definitely stay on the shore. We can't risk your mom getting both of our asses today." He chuckled before glancing down at his watch. He took another sip of his coffee "Well, I've got some errands to run before I stop by the restaurant to pick up everything. Are you going to be okay by yourself until about three?"

I nodded my head "Yeah, I'll be fine. Mom's just over protective, get whatever you need done today."

He nodded his head and scooted away from the island before walking over to me. He gave me a hug and kissed the top of my head "Happy Birthday Kiddo." He said before grabbing the keys to his car and heading out of the house.

I continued to eat and watch the waves rolling in. They did look pretty sick today, but definitely not worth the risk of getting out there trying to catch. "What to do what to do?" I asked myself before heading upstairs to get dressed. I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to do on my birthday, but I knew for sure I was not staying here in the house alone all day.

                           ***********

Alana's POV

I've been waiting at the airport on Phil and April for the few hours to get here, they're flight was delayed when I arrived at the original time they should've been here. I've been constantly pacing the floor, nervous as hell about this visit. It's nothing different of their normal birthday visits, but this time they weren't going to be leaving alone. Rayne would be going with them back to Pennsylvania to meet and actually spend the summer with her father. Bam Margera.

I've tried for the last seventeen years to keep that secret from her, but the older she's gotten the harder it's been to keep it away. She's just as stubborn as he is, but his heart is nothing compared to the one she has. Even though he hasn't had anything to do with her the last seventeen years, Phil and April always made it a point to come see her. If it wasnt for those two suggesting the summer stay, I would never approve of it.