6. Wicked Witch of the North

Rayne's POV

It's been a week, since my encounter with Johnny; a week too long in my opinion. MTV has had the guys busier than ever, and my grandmother seemed to be finding the tiniest of things to keep me occupied with my time here in Pennsylvania; but it's become quite obvious it's to keep me busy enough to not be distracted with Johnny. I sighed as I picked dead leaves off of the plants sitting in the salon windows, thinking about how I'd rather be anywhere but here.

"What's the matter, Rayne?" I heard my grandma ask from the reception desk. I turned around to see her wearing her purple framed reading glasses skimming through a magazine. It's been one slow day here.

"Nothing, just seems a little boring today." I said as I moved to lay on the couch of the waiting area. "Think we could possibly go home?" I asked a little hopeful.

She closed her magazine and looked up "Well, come to think of it, does seem a little slower than normal. But I've got a better idea than you spending the rest of the day at home." Of course, she's got a better idea that keeps me from being within any amount of distance to Johnny or in Johnny's view.

I sighed and looked over to see her holding up a black credit card. "No limit. The mall is practically calling our names, maybe the nail spa too. Your dad will never notice the charges."

I sat up quickly "How would he not notice charges he didn't make grandma?" I asked looking at her a little crazy.

"Your granddad is his financial advisor he keeps up with all of your dad's expenses and accounts; plus it's the least your dad can do for us since we are putting up with his crazy antics and his friends." She said before placing the credit card back into her wallet and pushing the chair away from the counter. "I'm also in the mood for a mini strawberry shortcake from the bakery." She said as she flipped the open sign to close.

Damnit that woman knew she could bribe me with food. "Fine grandma, you win." I said as I pushed myself up from the couch and grabbed my cross body bag. "But I say we definitely complete a little of all of your suggestions for today."

"Nail spa, shopping, then food?" She suggested as she walked backwards pushing the door open.

I laughed "Definitely."

*********

A few hours later, grandma and I found ourselves at the bakery just like she had promised with our lunch and slice of strawberry shortcake. We enjoyed a nice mani and pedi at the nail spa and I found a few clothing items I couldn't wait to wear before the summer is over.

"So are you ready to head back to California?" I heard my grandma ask as she stirred me from my thoughts.

I sighed "Yes and no. I've really been enjoying being here, wish I could spend more of my time with my dad, but I do miss my mom and Chad."

My grandma nodded her head "Understandable. Have you thought about potentially staying longer?"

I squinted my eyes looking at her feeling like she was up to something "I never really gave staying here longer a thought. I assumed the plan was I stay for the summer, return on one of my breaks possibly." I replied.

My grandma wiped her face with her napkin before taking a drink of water "That was the original plan, Bam had suggested the idea to me of you staying longer; he wanted to know how I felt or how I thought your mom and Chad would feel about it."

"What did you say?" I asked as I stirred around the pieces of strawberry on my plate.

"I would love you being here longer, it would be great to get more time with you. But I also know from a parents view that your mom and Chad are probably dying to have you home. But I want to know how you feel and if there's more than just your dad playing a role in you thinking of staying longer."