Encounters on the Enchanted Express,

CHAPTER 1. 

I look at the train with steam blowing out the front of it. Talk about olden days. The train has the school name slapped at the very front in bold letters and what seems to be their mascot. PHOENIX CREST MAGICAL INSTITUTE. The mascot has a phoenix at the very centre of it (which is pretty obvious seeing the name of the institute) and tiny lunar and clock motifs adorning the sides.

There is a lot of hustle bustle on the platform with students and parents saying last minute good-byes and giving teary hugs. I look at the people around me hugging their parents with jealousy. My parents didn't even bother coming to drop me off. For them I am now a grown up. And grown ups don't need someone dropping them off.

Fine. Like I care.

*You do.* A voice in my head said.

Ugh. Shut up. I don't need you telling me everything. I am already nervous enough.

I look around and slowly approach the train. I try to lift my trunk through the door but it is damn heavy. I certainly need to work out more. I was about to give it one last try when a voice interrupted me and my exercise.

"Need a hand?" I turned to look who it was and damn he's tall. He had jet-black hair and amber eyes. He looks like a golden retriever but with black hair. He was grinning. What for, I don't know.

"Um no. I'll manage." I turn away and try lifting my trunk once again with all my will and power.

"I've been seeing you since the last three and a half minutes and you were unsuccessful in lifting it up. I highly doubt you'll magically lift it in the next 4 minutes." He chuckled.

"Fine. You do it then if you are so strong." I huffed and practically dumped my trunk near his feet. I stepped back a little to give him space to heave my heavy as a mountain trunk up in the train. He didn't so much as bat an eye before lifting it and sliding it inside. He made it look like the trunk magically lost all its weight just when he had to lift it.

"See. All done." He turned to me with that stupid grin again.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes at him and made a move to get on the train. No point in staying here on the platform and looking at all these people being happy and huggy-sweety.

"Hey wait!" Amber eyes stepped in front of me blocking my way.

"What?" I narrowed my eyes on him.

"Are you a first year student?" He asked.

"Yes."

"Great! Me too. Lucian." He put his hand forward for me to shake. For a 15 year old he's quite tall.

"Seraphina." I took his hand. He was warm. Despite the slight cold weather he was warm. He whistled. For what I don't know.

As if he read my mind he said. "I am whistling for two reasons. One, that's a sexy name. Heard it for the first time. Second, your hands are freezing cold."

"My hands are always cold." I took my hand back. "And as for my name, I don't know who kept it."

"Well of course your parents did. Who else?" He smiled.

"Of course." I scoffed and got on the train.

I looked around for an empty car and after a lot of searching and crossing over-excited students, I finally found one. I quickly got in and shut the door. I took a seat near the window and looked outside. Still, hugs were being shared. I rolled my eyes and opened the book I was carrying around.