Chapter 42: Changes

Start from the beginning

"Until you start paying the bills, it's mine." Izuku teased, noticing the hoodie she had on, "Is that mine?"

"Y-yeah, I put the one I was wearing before in the wash"

"Did you miss your big brother that much?"

"You wish, I just find your hoodies comfortable, they're not trimmed down in the waist."

"Why would they be- Oh... right."

"I cannot believe you're this clueless about women and you have a girlfriend."

"I mean I did take after mum, I got her hair and her eyes."

"Well, I got her smile."

"You got her gender."

Eri couldn't think of a snappy enough comeback in time for their tennis match of banter, as she just bristled and stepped out onto the balcony, as the two of them had been slowly walking and talking.

"I really did get her gender, huh?" She said, facing away from Izuku, wincing and trying to keep a straight face.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Izuku asked, walking up next to her.

"Nothing... just... cramps." She admitted, not exactly too comfortable explaining, even if it was her own brother.

"Do you want a hot water bag? Or some Tylenol?" He asked.

"I'll live. It started this morning so I'll be fine by tomorrow." She replied, without her usual upbeat tone.

"Which is when the headaches start. And Tylenol helps." Izuku pointed out.

"I have some in my room, it's okay." She said reassuringly.

"Okay." He said, deciding to drop the subject, "Were you coming down here because you couldn't sleep?"

"Yeah..." She lied.

"Insomnia's flaring up again, hm?" Izuku asked rhetorically, "Wanna talk about it?" He asked, still looking out at the city's skyline.

"It's nothing, I was just bored. And it's not even that late." She replied.

"Not that late? It's almost midnight." He pointed out.

"I've been awake later than that." She refuted.

"You're really not helping your case here." Izuku said with a smirk.

"Anyways." Eri said changing the subject, grinning a little, "Why don't you tell me about your impromptu date?"

"There's nothing to tell, we just watched a movie, ate some pizza and relaxed." He answered.

"What movie and what pizza did she get?" Eri inquired.

"We watched the Dark Knight Rises, and she got pepperoni." He replied.

"Makes sense she'd like sausage..." Eri joked, merely earning a very dismissive eye-roll from Izuku.

"Is Ochako asleep?" He asked, now being the one to change the subject himself.

"I think so, yeah." Eri replied, wanting to say something about Ochako's mood to him... but it just wasn't right.

"That makes one of us. Are you gonna go upstairs now? Or are you chilling down here for a bit?" He asked, taking a step backwards.

"I'll stay here for a while. Don't worry about me, go and get some rest. Do you have lectures tomorrow?" Eri said with a fake smile.

"I don't, but I have a meeting with Kayama, she's my academic advisor. It's in the afternoon." He replied.