Chapter 23

"For you I would bleed myself dry"~

_______________________________________

Lana's pov-

"Park the car before my company arrives." I said to Aiden breaking the silence.

He replied, "you're not going to your office. Why?"

I frowned at his unusual question and replied, "since when did we start to ask each other about there
whereabouts?"

"Since now." He snapped back curtly.

I shook my head at him.

He stared at me through his peripheral vision waiting for an answer.

I sighed and said, "I was going to the orphanage. I usually go there at least once a month but I haven't been there for the past 2 months."

He nodded in understanding.

"So why are you asking me to stop the car before your company arrives." He asked.

I stared at him for a few seconds and then said, "did you forget to take your dementia medicines today? Because my car's tires just got punctured and you're the one driving me to my company so now I'll call and ask my secretary to bring his car and drive me to the orphanage."

As soon as the word 'my secretary' left  my mouth his jaw clenched.

"Brian." He gritted and I hummed in response.

What is wrong with him?

He scoffed and continued driving.

He took out his phone and typed something on his phone before we reached near my company.

After he parked the car I dialed Brian's number and he picked up on the second ring.

"My car's tires are punctured so I can't drive myself to the orphanage so can you please bring your car outside the company and drive me there. I'm waiting outside the company." I said on the call.

I glanced at Aiden who was shooting daggers at my phone with his glare.

"I- I'm sorry ma'am but actually I didn't come to the company today- I'm really unwell I was about to call you to tell you this only." He said on the call.

Now that's strange.

"Oh- okay- get well soon alright? And call me if you need any help." I said

He said yes on the call and cut it.

I sighed and turned my head to the person sitting beside me on the drivers seat who was already starting at me.

I bit the inside of my cheek and said after a while,"do you mind lending me your car keys-"

He stared at me in disbelief and cut me off in middle,"since you're too stubborn to ask me let me say it myself. I'll drive you to the orphanage."

He didn't wait for my reply and started the car.

"I'm not stubborn." I said feeling offended.

"Just because you can do everything on your own doesn't mean that you have to Lana." He said calmly.

And that made me shut up.

I cleared my throat and said after a while,"it's not that- I just don't see a reason as to why you would drive me somewhere and waste your time when  you have a company to run."

He sighed and replied, "I'm your fiance. That's the reason and being with you can never be a waste of my time."

He whispered the last part and butterflies danced in my stomach. My cheeks grew warm.