23 | Leaves do not reflect moonlight, do they?

---

"He was your darkness, and he is your light."

---

[Author's POV]

A loud scream escaped your lips as you fell down on the floor with a thud. There was a deafening noise, and then something cracked and fell apart, you couldn't tell. You felt someone hugging you, as if shielding you from the rain of the broken shards of glass. You clutched onto that person tight, breathing heavily and staring at the scene in front of you in horror.

Fire.

The kitchen where you had baked cupcakes on the very same day.

Where you had been giggling and joking around.

Red flames were engulfing your house.

Your house was on fire.

"We'll have to go!!!" You heard a feminine cry, before you were harshly pulled up to stand on your feet. A few pats on your cheeks brought you back to your senses, and you quickly turned away from the heat.

"Yeona! Hold Y/n close to you and don't let go of her no matter what happens! I'll lead the way!" Aera, whose embrace you had been until now, left your hands as Yeona held you. You stared at her face, and she was scared. You all were scared.

Things were going well, everything was fine, no attacks, no darkness, yet something or the other had to happen, had to ruin you.

And this time, it was your home.

You had started to accept this home as yours, this family as yours. And now you were standing in the midst of a huge storm, shattered and destroyed.

Along with the crackling noise, all of a sudden you heard some footsteps from outside, and then the color completely drained from your faces as your cheeks turned pale.

"Stay together alright? Don't panic, we'll be fine." Aera quickly assured before holding your free hand and running towards the dark corner of the living room hallway. You couldn't think straight, but you could never forget this dark corner, which brought dark memories back.

The basement.

"N-No not there-" You tried to stop them, the dark night's memories blurring your thoughts, but Yeona was quick to wrap her hand around your shoulder. "We won't stay, we'll leave." Her words were quick and her sentences were short. Aera and Yeona were taking your responsibility as your elder sisters, and they were trying to be calm for you. But how could you be calm, when your home was literally burning in front of your eyes?

Running down the stairs, you soon found yourself in the dark basement. None of you spoke a word as you ran across the huge area. You were blindly following Aera as she led the way through the darkness using the flashlight of her phone. Panic was flowing in your veins as you were taking deep breaths to stabilize your breaths, something that Taehyung had taught you every time you had a nightmare.