《13》

We are now walking down the street because Romeo took the car, not even bothering to tell us beforehand.

My shoulders have been tense since Kai confessed.

I don't know what to do or say.

We both know anything between us can't be possible, yet we now hold hands like two teenagers in love.

I chew the inside of my cheek, and I finally decide to speak up. "Kai..."

"No. Don't. I know what you are about to say, and I don't want to pressure you into anything. I was mad at Romeo for kissing you, and I blurt that out. I don't want things to change between us or get awkward, and I understand if -"

"Hey," I smile and squeez his hand to stop his rambling.

"Yes?"

"Me and Romeo didn't kiss. We just pretended." I say. When the words leave my mouth, I see Kai's dumbfounded expression.

"Are you joking?"

"No, I'm not. Plus, Romeo annoys me most of the time, and I'm sure he wouldn't have kissed me for real when I saw the sparks in his eyes when he talked about Gia."

I hear Kai exhale. "That's good. I won't have to murder him then. Because I'm sure as hell wanted to. He doesn't have the right to touch my girl." His girl.

That sounds so good coming out of his mouth that I want to melt into his arms.

"And about my father...if he finds out it's going to be really, really bad."

I nod. "I know. But it's good that he is not here right now, right?" I say.

"Yes, it's wonderful," he whispers and gives me a peck, which makes me smile like an idiot.

Get yourself together, Mila. You are a bodyguard, you should stay focused even if it's fucking hard to do that right now when Kai looks at me like that.

Right in that moment, I heard a loud honk behind us.

I look over my shoulder, and my eyes widen when I see a car coming at us at full speed.

I grab Kai's hand and throw us out of the middle of the road right when the car stops where we were just standing seconds ago.

I'm breathing heavily as I look at the familiar car.

That's...That's fucking Romeo that's driving like a maniac!

I'm shaking from anger. He could've killed both of us!

I'm about to give him an earful when he opens the passenger door from the drivers seat, and I can see blood on his suit as he yells with a desperate expression.

"Get in the fucking car now!"

"What is happening-" Kai begins to ask when bullets start flying at the car and Romeo swears.

I take my own gun out of my waistband and place myself in front of Kai. "Get in!" Romeo yells once again, and Kai grabs my hand as we quickly get into the car, and Romeo speeds off before I can even close the passenger seat door.

We keep our heads low as bullets rain from the car behind us.

Romeo takes sharp turns, trying to get rid of the people following us.

"What the fuck is happening, Romeo?!" Kai yells over the noise.

"It's a long story, but I thought to bring you along so I don't die alone here!" Romeo says.

This little-

"Are you fucking kidding me dipshit?! Do you realize what you just done! You are exposing Kai to unnecessary danger just so you wouldn't be lonely?!" I think I have smoke coming out of my nose at this point.

Romeo was about to respond when the car behind us crashed into our back, making me slam my head on the dashboard.

I curse as I hold my head. "Mila, are you alright?!" Kai asks, his voice full of concern.

"I'm good, but pray for Romeo. I won't survive tonight because he's going to die by my hands."

This could have been such a peaceful night. Me and Kai confessed our attraction to each other, we kissed, we held hands, and now everything is ruined!

I roll down my window and take my hand out and aim for the tires, but it's pretty hard to shoot with Romeo's reckless driving.

A bullet grazes my arm, making me swear out loud and almost making me drop my gun.

I pull back in to look at the damage. Nothing serious. Good.

"I'm going to fucking murder them." I hear Kai's low voice as he reaches underneath his seat and takes a gun out.

He rolls down his window before I can protest, and then, with a single shot, the driver has a bullet right between his eyes, leaving me with my mouth open.

Kai motherfuking Bianchi. Who would've thought he's this good of a shot?

Kai then looked at me and raised a brow as the car that was following us swerved outside of the road. "Thought you were the only one with skills, angioletto?" He asked after seeing my expression. Then his attention was on the wound on my arm, and his face filled with worry."Are you okay? Does it hurt?"

"Ah, I'm okay, there's no reason to worry.. but right now, I would like Romeo to explain to us what just happened." Romeo went still in the drivers seat.

"Why don't we wait until we get home? This has been an eventful of a night." Romeo says, exhaustion in his voice.

"Fine. But I'm waiting for an explanation because of you, Mila got hurt. " Kai said, shooting daggers at Romeo. "And also I would love to punch you for the stunt you pulled at the bar, fake kissing Mila. "

Romeo cursed under his breath.