《3》

I take off his restraints. We need to hurry. Those men probably woke up by now.

"Can you stand up?" I ask. He is pretty beaten up.

"Yeah," He breaths, standing up leaning in the chair.

"Okay, we need to go and also," I hand him a gun, which he takes.

"Thanks,"

"Yeah, no problem." I say as I carefully walk out the cell, with Kai closely behind me. He moves slower, but at least he can walk.

"No- I mean, thanks for coming," I shrugged.

"I'm just doing my job, oh by the way I'm your new bodyguard, so you will have plenty of time to thank me when we actually get out." I'm not good with delivering news.

We walk out the basement stairs, and I can't hear anything. It's quiet.

Too quiet.

"What's your-" He begins, but I tackle him to the ground behind a couch in the corner right in the moment tons of bullets come flying at us.

He groans in pain, and I quickly get off him but still keep my head low. "Sorry, but this really isn't the good timing to be making conversations!" I yell over the noise of bullets.

Think Mila. Think. What should we do?

"We wait until they finish their bullets, and then we run to the pillar over there, okay?" I say as the bullets splinter the couch.

He nods and gets ready.

The bullets stop.

We make a run for it as I fire back at the men and actually take out a few.

Right when we get behind the safety of the pillar, the rain of bullets starts again.

Kai is leaning his weight on the pillar. He's weakened.

"We just have to run through the front door and steal a car, then we will be out." I say.

He frowns. "Don't you have a car?"

"No, your father had some guy named Romeo drive me here, and then he left." I hear him swear.

"I don't think I can run, I'm lightheaded." He says, taking deep breaths.

Another smoke bomb would have been great right now.

I look around the room.

The chandelier. The men firing at us are right under it.

I take out my gun and aim at it.

The moment the chandelier breaks, I put my arm around Kai and help him out the mansion.

I hear groans and yells behind us, but I don't look back.

We run towards the closest car, and I break the window with my elbow and open the car door, and get Kai inside.

His head rests on the seat as he closes his eyes.

He is incredibly pale.

I go around the car to the drivers seat, and when my hand reaches for the handle, someone shoots at me, grazing my arm.

I swear because of the pain and shoot the man in the head and quickly get inside.

I let out a sigh of relief when I see there's a key in contact.

I begin to drive off when bullets scrape the car.

When I don't see the mansion in the rear mirror, I begin to relax.

I look over for a brief moment to see Kai. "Are you okay?" I ask.

He hums, and I can feel his stare on me. "Ask." I say.

"How much do you know?"

I frown. "Know what?I just got here, and your father already sent me to my death."

"Sounds like him." I hear him murmur. "What's your name?"

"Mila. Though I shouldn't be telling you, it's not professional." On my past jobs, everyone addressed me as just 'hey you'. They didn't care.

"I don't care what's profesional, Mila." He begins to drift to sleep.

"I don't think you should be sleeping right now. " I say. He might have a concussion.

"Then keep me awake."

"How?"

"Talk to me, Mila."

"About what?"

"Anything."

"I'm not good with talking. Threatening, yes. Conversations? Not so much." I hear him chuckle.

"I think you are pretty okay."

I find a little smile make its way to my lips, but I quickly push it away.

"How did you get kidnapped?" I asked as I took a turn. I hope I'm going in the right direction.

"Three days ago, I was hanging out with some friends at the club, and when I got out, I was ambushed. You can imagine I was pretty drunk, so..." I nod. "I thought my father finally got enough of me, but apparently not. He sent you."

We don't talk for the rest of the ride. He kept looking out the window.

I looked in his direction from time to time, and I noticed the tattoo slive along his arm . Also, he didn't look Italian. He looked more Asian, Japanesse maybe?

Because he didn't say anything, I guess I went the right way.

I pull up to the mansion and park.

I get out of the car and help Kai to the entrance.

Right when we get in, Romeo comes in our direction with his eyebrow raised. "I see that you made it, princess." I roll my eyes.

"It would have been nice of you if you didn't run off."

He raises his hands in surrender. "Bosses order, not mine." He looks at Kai. "I'll call the doctor for you, Kai. Come on, I'll take you to your room." Romeo says.

"Where's dad?" Kai asks.

"His office as usual. I'll let him know you are home. As for you, princess, you have the day off. You can go to wash up and all that."

"And where shall I do that?" I ask.

"Your room."

"And where's that?" I ask, getting tired of this man.

"Right next to Kai's, so follow us." I roll my eyes and follow behind them. Couldn't he say that right away?

From behind, I can tell Kai is tense. He doesn't look that happy to be here.

I push back that thought, though. I'm probably imagining it. I don't know the man.

We reach Kai's room, and Romeo points with his head at the other door. "That's where you will be staying." I nod, and I go to open the door when Romeo grabs my elbow.

"I told you if you touch me again, I will slit your throat." I say on a low voice. I can feel Kai's gaze on us.

"Romeo, stop messing with her. She saved my life."

Romeo smirks, looking down at me. "I suggest when you are around the Don to not be having this temper. Or else-"

"Or else what?" I say sharply.

"Why do you think I have these tattoos on my neck?" He asks, I instinctively look and his neck and see the marks of scars hidden by black ink.

"If he tries to touch me, he will regret it."I say. I'm not afraid of some man. If he tried to hurt me, I hurt him back. I'm not some slave he can play with.

"That's the same thing everyone said."