Chapter 25

Delilah

I bit his lip.

He pulled away from me, and he was covering his mouth with his hand. He made out a muffled

"What the hell was that for?!"

"You can't just kick me when I'm down, sing me a song, kiss me, and expect everything to be alright!!"

I turned and walked out of the room, ran up the stairs, and locked myself in the bathroom.

I turned the water on, and I took a hot shower. It didn't help me get my mind off of him.

When I got out of the shower, I put my pajamas back on, and I stood in front of the mirror.

Just looking at myself...

I broke down in tears.

I should have forgiven him.

He sang me a song to explain what he couldn't in words. He didn't say something extremely rude.

But I couldn't just go back out there, and claim everything to be okay.

Why did I dig myself a hole this deep?

I was worrying so much, I made myself sick. My head began hurting, and my stomach was in knots. My hands were clammy and I was sweaty, and I began to get shaky.

I was feeling sort of sick for the past few days, now that I think about it.

I put the toilet cover down, and I sat with my legs crossed, head in my hands.

I took a good look at the ring on my left ring finger. I began spinning the ring slowly.

I'm doing everything wrong.

I want to disappear.

*************

Shane

I was standing at the kitchen counter holding a wad of paper towels to my mouth. I dabbed at my bottom lip gently, and then I took a look at the paper towel.

I hoped it looked like more blood than it was.

I sighed, realized I was doing everything wrong, and looked up at the stairs.

I put the towels down, and I looked at the ring on my finger. She and I will get through this.

This marriage has worked, and I plan on that continuing.

I know it will.

Soon, I got up the courage to walk towards the bathroom where she was camped out.

As I was walking, she came out of the bathroom, and began walking, too. Then, when we saw each other, we stopped, and looked at each other.

Her face was streaked with tears.

"Shane,"

"Delilah,"

We said in unison

"I've been doing everything wrong. In sorry."

After a moment of silence, we began walking towards each other again.

I held her tightly in my arms, and she held me tightly right back.

"Delilah, it's me who's been doing all the wrong things."

"No, it's me. I start everything that turns into us being a mess."

"No, you're perfect."

"I'm not perfect."

"Yes, you are."

She tried to open her mouth, but I closed it with a kiss.

She pulled away.

"What's the problem?"

"Your lip. Is it still bleeding? How is it? I'm sorry."

"It's okay now."

I lied. It was still bleeding. Just a little bit.

"Are you sure?"

I nodded.

"Okay."

She said, whispering.

I leaned back in, and we kissed for some more time.

"And, by the way, Shane,"

She began casually.

"Mhhmm?"

I mumbled. I kissed her lips once more. She finished

"I'm pregnant."

Under the Hollywood Sign (editing)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें