Chapter 5

Shane

I was in my room, regretting everything that I said. Then, there was a knock at my door. It was Jesse, and he only said two words before he left.

“Channel 86.”

I was confused, but I turned the TV on, and I punched in 86.

I watched the whole thing after rewinding, and I was astounded. I was astounded because she would say that about me. I also didn't know what to think. I also didn't know how to act. I didn't know what to say.

So I didn't pick up the phone and call her, and I didn't send any texts. But I knew when she got home.

I got in my car, and I drove to her house, and I waited on the porch until she came home. There were no paparazzi, and I thanked God for that.

When she came home, she gave me a look from the driveway, and walked inside her house without saying anything or inviting me in. But she left the door open. I walked in.

"Just because I said those things doesn't mean that I forgive you. Because I don't."

"I understand that. But I want to say thank you."

She didn't reply. I walked towards her, and I wrapped my arms around her waist, and I put my lips on the back of her neck. She gasped. I then began kissing the back of her neck. She turned around, and whipped me with the dishtowel. But I picked her up, and I held her as I leaned in to kiss her again. She wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Are you sure you don't forgive me?"

"You've got to prove yourself to me."

"I can do that."

And I did. On the next interview we had, I told the viewers that I lied. And I loved Delilah. And how it was wrong of me to lie, and how I didn't care what the press thinks, and how I shouldn't have said what I said. And when I came home, I made sure she watched it.

We were sitting on he couch as we watched. Then, she turned to me after I turned the TV off.

"I can't believe you did that."

"I'd do anything for you."

I then put my hand on the back of her neck, and I pulled her into a gentle kiss. I then pulled her onto my lap after a minute.

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

Eventually, when we were both lying down on the couch, she fell asleep on my chest. I grabbed the blanket from the top of the couch, and I put it over the both of us. Soon, I fell asleep, too.

When I woke up, I was running my fingers through her hair. Then, I had the best idea for a song, and I jumped off the couch, and I woke her up. She let out a still asleep moan, and I kissed her head, and I said sorry. Then, I got a pen and a pad of paper, and I wrote down the lyrics I had. I ripped it off the pad of paper, and I folded it up, and I put it in my pocket. I kissed her lips now that she was awake, and I said goodbye to her. When she got home, I called her, and I told her to come over to my house. When she came over, I had the band set up, and I told her to sit down. I played the song for her, and she was smiling by the chorus.  

“Lazy lover Find a place for me again

You felt it once before I know you did I could see it  

Whiskey Princess Drink me under, pull me in

You had me at come over boy

I need a friend I understand  

Backseat serenade