Chapter 16

Delilah

When he came home, he picked me up, and he kissed me.

"I"m back."

"I"m here."

He put me down, and he said

"Jasey and Jesse are married. They got married in Vegas because they were bored, and in love."

"They're married?!"

"I know. It's hard to believe."

"Well, enough with them already!"

"You're right."

He teased me with his lips. He brushed them against mine, and when I got closer, he backed away.

"You're such a tease!"

"But you love me."

"Of course I do."

This time, he kissed me for real.

Then, he took me by surprise, and he swept me off my feet, and he carried me to his car. Soon, we were driving aimlessly. I piped up.

"Where are we going?"

I said with a laugh.

"We're going back to where it all began."

Could he have been more vague?

Then, we arrived at the club where we first met.

"When you said 'beginning', you really meant it."

"I always mean what I say."

He carried me on his back into the room where I interviewed his band for the first time.

I remember this like it was yesterday.

"I was hit in the face with a door, and you all swarmed around me."

"And then I folllowed you all the way back to your office."

Soon, we were back in the car, and we stopped at his mansion. We went up to the room where he kept me, and then we went to the spot in the backyard where we talked for hours.

We were on the road again, and even though I had my sunglasses, he took his off and gave them to me. Then, I remembered everything that I had said to him, and in almost the same voice, I began whining. He laughed.

"That's exactly what you said to me."

Then, we stopped at the gas station where he got me a slushie.

He had stopped the car, and we went inside. He bought me the same kind of slushie, and I began friendly whining again. He smiled, and he took me under his strong arm.

He stopped at the hospital where he brought me back after he had dropped me on my head and given me a concussion.

We were reliving everything that had happened, and eating takeout diner food on the side. We even went to Vegas just to visit that club that we got kicked out of.

Our final stop was the Hollywood Sign, and we stood in the same spot that we did before.

He and I looked out onto the city over the purple sky. We stood there until it was a black sky, and we could see the stars.

"It's so beautiful up here."

I said. He said in response

"It's like we're six feet under the stars."

I was standing infront of him, and his arms were wrapped around my waist. My hands were on his, and the breeze carried his spicy sweet smell across my face.

My hair was blowing gently in the breeze, and it was the perfect moment.

"You don't know how much I love you, Shane."

There was a moment of silence before he responded.

"I think I have a pretty good idea."

He turned me around, and he kissed my lips long and sweet.

I felt as if nothing in the world could be better than this.

I felt like that there was nothing that could tear us apart.

And I believe that there wasn't.