Chapter 6

Delilah

Shane had held me in his arms for a while.

We headed back to his house, and for hours, we sat on the couch, just staring at each other. Only when I had woken up did I realize that I fell asleep. I heard him come down the stairs, and he looked like he had just walked out of the shower. It makes sense.

He had a towel around his waist, and a toothbrush in his mouth, and he stopped walking.

"Morning, Deils."

"Hi, Shane."

I said with a laugh.

He looked at me with a confused face.

"What?"

He said. He looked down, then said

"Oh. Yeah. i just need some pants."

"You go do that."

"I'm doing that right now."

He walked into the next room, and a minute later, he came out with pants on and no shirt. He went upstairs, put a shirt on, then came back down. As he was tying his shoes, I was playing with his wet hair.

"Why are you putting shoes on?"

"Because we're going on a road trip."

"Oh no."

"Oh yes."

Pretty soon, we were back in the car, and he was driving to God knows where. He didnt' tell me. Soon, he stopped at the Hollywood sign. We got out of the car, and we hung out up there all day. He had packed a picnic, and we snacked all day.

Later in the evening, I was looking out into LA.

It was an amazing sight.

The streetlights, the building lights, the headlights and taillights, and at dusk, it was fantastic. And I was with the man I loved. Nothing could have made this more perfect.

Well, until he said

"Hey Deils?"

"Yeah?"

"Turn around for me, will you?"

I gave him a look.

"Can you just do it? It's nothing bad."

"Sure."

I did, and he lifted my hair up. He had put a necklace around my neck. He let my hair down.

I picked the necklace up, and I looked at it. It was a gold locket in the shape of a heart. On the inside were our initials in the Rolling Stone font.

"Shane, I- I- I don't know what to say."

"Then don't say anything at all."

He pulled me into a sweet kiss that said everything I couldn't find words for.

We were in a beautiful spot, on a beautiful night, he had given me a beautiful necklace, and nothing could have made this better.

I felt myself drifting off into a sleep. I couldn't fall asleep, so I sat up, in hopes of that being helpful.

"You ok?"

He groggily said.

"Yeah. I just don't want to fall asleep. I'm afraid I'm going to miss something."

"It's ok. I'll carry you home tonight."

And that was what I did. I ended up falling asleep in his arms as he carried me back to the car. I curled up, and he wrapped a soft blanket around me. I guess he had taken it from the back seat. My eyes were closed, but the movement of the car, and the sound of the highway, and all the tail lights and headlights lulled me into a deep sleep. And I swear, I started singing. He chimed in when I stopped.