𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏-𝐑𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲

AUTHOR'S POV

"Tu ek kaam kar, bhaag ja is shaadi se," Shivanya suggested while sipping her cold coffee.

(Do one thing, runaway)

"Lekin bhaag kar jaaun kahan? Woh toh bata," Naina replied frustratingly, clutching her hair with both hands. "Mere toh sir phat jayega."

(But tell me where will I go running away)

"Or tu yahan kya drama chal raha hai, jo popcorn aur cold drink lekar baitha hai?" Naina rambled, glaring at Abhay.

(And you!Is there any drama going on that you're sitting with Popcorn and cold drink)

"Dude, it's not my fault, okay? The great Naina Ahuja running away from her own wedding. Yeh toh news headline honi chahiye," Abhay said, munching on his popcorn.

(This should be the News headline)

"Tujhse toh baat karna bekaar hai, tu bas thus apne muh mein," Naina barked before shifting her gaze to Shivanya. "Shivi, tu hi bata, main bhaagu toh kaise bhaagu?" she asked, sounding as if she might cry at any moment.

(Talking to you is a waste of time.You just keep munching)

"Listen carefully. Your room is at the back of the house, right? Tomorrow exactly at 7 PM, hum dono tere ghar ke neeche rahenge. Tere paas toh dupatta wagaira hai na, toh usse rassi ki tarah baandh kar neeche khud jaana. Hum pakad lenge," Shivanya laid out her plan meticulously.

(You have dupattas and all, right? Use them to tie a rope and climb down. We'll catch you)

"Agar kisi ko bhi jara sa bhi doubt hua toh?" Naina questioned

(What if anyone even gets a hint of suspicion?)

"Ghar mein shaadi chal rahi hai, and everyone will be super busy with the preparations, so kisi ko kuch nahi pata chalega."Shivanya assured

(There's a wedding going on at home, and everyone will be super busy with the preparations, so no one will suspect a thing)

"Okay guys, kal milte hain, with our one mission: 'Running Away."

(Okay guys, tomorrow we meet with one mission: 'Operation Runaway")

Naina's POV:

"Kapde checked."

"Mobile checked."

(Clothes check. Mobile check.")

"Ab bas in dono ka intezar karna hoga. God knows kahan hain yeh dono"Naina muttered to herself, pacing and checking her phone repeatedly.

(Now I just have to wait for those two. God knows where they are,")

Meanwhile, back at the wedding venue:

"Uncle ji, hum thoda washroom se aate hain," Shivanya said raising her feet as Abhay followed her lead

(Uncle, we'll just be back from the washroom)

"Abhay, tumhe bhi jaana hai washroom?" Shivay Ahuja asked, narrowing his eyes.

(Abhay, do you also need to go to the washroom)

"Nahi nahi, uncle ji, woh main... woh main to bas decorations dekh raha tha. It's awesome. Mujhe wedding planner ka number dena. Main bhi apni shaadi ki planning inse karwaunga," Abhay stammered,blurting out whatever came to his mind.

(No, no, Uncle ji, I was just... I was just looking at the decorations. It's awesome. Can you give me the wedding planner's number? I'll also get my wedding planned by them)

"Thik hai, mere saath chalo. Poori decoration acchi tarah se dekhna, phir decide karna tumhe aise hi decorations karna hai ya nahi," Shivay said, leading Abhay along with him.

(Alright, come with me. Take a good look at all the decorations, then decide whether you want to go with these decorations or not)

As she exited the washroom, Shivanya caught sight of Naina's mom, Devika Ahuja. Sensing suspicion in the air, she swiftly dialed Naina and spilled the beans.

"Shivi, yeh kya keh rahi ho?" Naina whispered urgently.

(Shivi,what are you saying)

"Listen, Naina, this is a pivotal moment. Stay calm, take a deep breath, and repeat after me: 'If Shivi and Abhay don't show up within the count of ten, then I'll make my escape, without a second glance."

"But-"

"Repeat after me, Naina. If Shivi and Abhay don't come within the count of ten, then I'll run away. And I won't look back."

"Bhai, yeh bohot jaldi nahi hai? 10 toh tu phone katne mein ho jayega."

(Bro, isn't this too quick? You'll barely have time to hang up after counting to ten)

"Bhaag na tujhe hai ya mujhe?"

(Are you the one who needs to run, or is it me?)

I sighed before stating, "If Shivi and Abhay aren't here by the time I count to ten, then I'm making a break for it. And I won't be looking back."

Following Shivanya's instructions, Naina swiftly tied knots with her dupatta. As soon as the countdown began, she realized she had to act alone. With a determined heart, she opened the window and felt the gentle breeze caress her face. Carefully, she lowered the dupatta out the window. Pausing only briefly to glance back at her room, she took the leap towards freedom

"I've tried endlessly. I've pleaded with my parents, hoping they'd understand that this marriage isn't what I want. But as the saying goes, if you can't grasp ghee with a straight finger, you must bend it. And so, I find myself at this crossroads, where my heart yearns for freedom, yet my fate seems tied to these unyielding traditions."

As Naina descended using her dupattas, she spotted a vibrant red scooty parked conveniently nearby. In a heartbeat, she grasped her friends' thoughtful gesture.

With a gleeful rush, she hopped onto the scooty, revved up the engine, and zoomed off into the night. Memories of carefree outings with Abhay and Shivanya flooded her mind, especially those exhilarating rides on Abhay's beloved bike, Monica.

(Yes, they named it after his girlfriend, because let's face it, boys and their affection for their wheels often rival that of their romantic interests.)

Finally, her speed lowered, and she reached the station. She was planning to run away from Mumbai but didn't know where she would go. As soon as she got into the train, the first thought that came to her mind was to call either Abhay or Shivanya, but she refrained. She knew the Ahujas valued their reputation a lot and might track her number if she called. So she just prayed that both her friends were safe.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

What will happen next? Will Naina manage to escape successfully or will she be caught? How will her parents react when they find out she's gone? The journey has just begun, and Naina is about to face challenges she never anticipated.