~ Chapter 31 ~

"What?"

If it were Momo's goal to hide her heartbreak, then she was failing miserably. The girl's hands were shaking as she stepped back, brown eyes wide.

Sana tried to speak, to find some kind of explanation but it was like she was mute once again. Nothing came out.

Tears brimmed Momo's eyes as she laughed. Not a real laugh, but one that was so forced it sounded like she poured her strength into pushing it out. "Oh...I didn't-" she fell silent for a moment. "Why am I even surprised? This happens all the time..."

She noticed Sana's confused expression and elaborated. "Yeah, so I lied. I've had more than two girlfriends, but not for long since they either secretly hate me or have been cheating on me. I should have known. Minnie's your girlfriend from your world, I'm guessing?"

The fairy looked down shamefully. She really wished she could freely speak, tell Momo everything, but she could barely even remember this 'Minnie' girl. All she knew is that once upon a time they were in love, and that also seemed to be all Momo needed to know.

Momo laughed, again, sniffling. She was crying. Sana didn't like that. But, for the first time in a while, it wasn't because she found her tears annoying or a nuisance. It was because this time she cared.

"I thought you might have been using me. To get back to your world. But I forgot about it because I trusted you." her eyes we're glistening and her voice cracked. "You've been using me all along though, haven't you?" Sana was forced to nod, as it wasn't false at all. That was her plan, and without even noticing anymore she was still going through with it. "Why do I trust so much?"

"M-"

"Save it."

Sana hopelessly slid down to the floor, her back still against the wall as Momo rushed out. Unfortunately, that didn't remain her main priority for too long since more memories flashed by.

And before she knew it, she was holding her head in her hands, screaming.

🐹❤🐻

Momo ran outside, making her way to her house. She quickly grabbed her phone, dialling a number.

"Mitang?"

"Yeah, Babes. What's up?"

"Can you come over-" Momo paused to wipe her tears, "-please?"

Mina must have heard her crying, her response immediate. "Bet. I'll be there in ten."

"Make it five."

Mina hung up, and Momo knew she was already on her way.

🐹❤🐻

"A-and I don't get w-what I keep doing wrong!" Momo stammered as her best friend combed her hair. "I can't help that I fall in love so much!"

The run to her bedroom was excruciating. Momo's tears stung her eyes as she hurried up the steps, trying to ignore both her father and sister's worried gazes.

This was weird. They all knew it was weird. When Momo was in a state like this, she'd always go to her hideout, that was the entire reason her father had it built. When they moved from Japan, she wasn't in the best mental state, to say the least.

But she couldn't return to the shed. Not now. So she flung herself onto her bed, not even getting up to answer the door when Mina arrived shortly after.