~ Chapter 22 ~

"How have you been feeling, recently?" 

The girl let out a sigh as she struggled to take her eyes away from the pen in her therapist's hand. The room was silent, aside from the regular nervous bouncing of her leg.

"It's not getting better..." She replied, finally looking up. "I don't know why I'm feeling like this, but it's gotten worse since 'She' arrived."

"Do you have any idea why?" He asked, and the girl watched as his pen moved across the paper. She took another breath, trying to focus on one thing at a time. It was hard, however. The blinds let in bright rays of sunlight, the fan that blew just a tiny bit too hard for her, the fish swimming in the aquarium - she soon found her eyes darting everywhere, her mouth dry. "Are you alright? Do you need some water?"

"No, I...It's fine." The girl replied, briefly squeezing her eyes shut. "It's getting harder, but I don't have anything against her...It's weird. And it's scary having to deal with so much guilt."

"And you're absolutely sure that this hasn't got to do with the incident? You may be reliving some of the-"

"NO!" The girl burst out, before looking down. "No, I'm sure."

"Hm." He didn't sound convinced, and he began to scribble something else down, though it was hastier. "How about your hallucinations?"

"I'm still getting them." She answered truthfully, frowning at her therapist's discouraged face. "I'm not crazy."

"Of course not. But are these hallucinations changing at all? We can't have you harming yourself or anyone else because of them." The therapist asked, and she gritted her teeth.

"They're pretty much the same...I'm still seeing someone who looks like me...But I am hearing voices. Sometimes." She added the last word to try and make it sound less insane.

"And what are these voices saying? Is there a variety of different voices? Are they even comprehensible?"

"Hundreds of them...They whisper things like: 'your fault' and sometimes it can go on for hours. That's not even the worst part." She forced a laugh.

"What is the worst part?" The therapist asked. The girl looked up at him, a weak smile on her face.

"They're telling me that my life will soon end."

🐹🩷🐻

Sana was staring out of the window, her thoughts a muddle. It was raining again, which was odd, because the sun had been shining only an hour ago.

Momo had gone to her dance academy, so Sana was left alone. It was a little weird that the school had shut down due to the plants' dangerous activity, while the dance academy hadn't. Apparently JYP liked his dancers to live on the edge of life.

She'd told Momo everything. After she returned from the void, she filled the girl in on the things she'd missed out previously and what she'd just found out, like Samara's warning, Hummingbird, etcetera. 

Pip was napping soundly, curled up around her arm in his flower form. Life was boring when she was all alone. However, she did remember a time when she enjoyed being alone, or at least, she pretended to enjoy it.

The many years she spent pushing everyone away, the years she spent acting like she found comfort in the solitude she forced herself into. Looking back on it now, it was pretty silly.

Maybe that was why, at first, she was so comfortable with using Momo for her own gain. Because she'd been taken advantage of so many times that it had become a habit, the easiest way to get what she wanted.

She checked the time again. Momo should be returning by then, and only ten minutes later, Mina slammed the door open. She shoved Momo inside, along with her umbrella, taking deep breaths in an attempt to calm her obviously angered self.

"Momo, I swear to fucking God! Why are you so reckless!?" She yelled as loudly as she could, tugging her best friend's ear.

"Calm down! You aren't my dad!"

"Yeah, but I'm your angry best friend and you need to take me seriously!" Mina retorted, and jolted when she saw the flower around Sana's arm. "That is the plant you were talking to me about, right? The one that isn't trying to kill everyone in Seoul?" Her voice was unsure, and Sana nodded. The fairy guessed that Momo would have already brought up Pip, but she didn't know why the two were getting like this. She decided to ask.

What happened?

"What happened?" Mina echoed, biting back a sarcastic laugh. "Momo happened. Tell me why your sister comes to me and tells me that you're literally dancing through fucking tears! And tell me why you didn't bring anything warm, knowing damn well the weather has been going crazy recently!" She redirected her words towards Momo.

"Hana was exaggerating! I wasn't crying, my eyes were watering..."

"Of the five years I've known you, that is the worst lie you've ever expected me to believe."

Sana sighed, looking at Momo.

Why aren't you listening to anyone? I don't really know what's going on, but everyone is worried about you.

"Thank you!" Mina exclaimed, emphasising the 'thank'.

"Because it's not anybody's business." Momo answered, crossing her arms.

But you're being selfish.

Momo froze, staring at Sana's words. The fairy was glaring accusingly right at her.

"I don't..." She paused. "I don't mean to be. But I can handle everything myself."

"You know what? Maybe you can." Mina admitted, placing her hand on Momo's shoulder. "I don't believe you can, but maybe you're right. That still doesn't change the fact that you're stressing everyone around you. Sana's right, you're being really selfish."

"But it's not my fault everyone worries..."

"Then make us stop worrying about you. Do everyone a favour, and don't show up to dance tomorrow. Otherwise I may have to kill you with more Shakespeare."

"You wouldn't dare."

Mina cleared her throat. "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves..."

I hate Shakespeare!

"I wasn't aware Shakespeare existed in your world." Mina pointed out, before shrugging. "Well, I like you Sana so I'll hold back." She smirked as Momo let out a breath of relief. "That still doesn't stop me from reciting the entire Heathers script..."

"God, no..." Momo muttered as Sana forced her to sit down. The fairy grimaced in amusement as Mina began drawling, exaggerating every other word. Her English was pretty good, though.

"September 1st 1989..."

(I have a confession to make: I am not a theatre kid, and know nothing about musicals/plays...Mina's entire character is literally based on my friends 💀)