Chapter 21 | He'll Sort Things Out

It was lavish

It was lavish. It was luxurious. And by god, it was gigantic!

The bathroom she stood in was bigger than her bedroom at home!

Marble covered the countertops and walls of the shower- the floor was black with specks of white in the reflective tile. She could see her pale feet reflecting off its dark surface.

She had a lot to think about while showering.

One of those things was Lucifer's obvious desires and libido... she was starting to think his wolf was trying to push things to go quicker.

After taking a warm shower to remove the strange feeling in the pit of her stomach, she tugged on a white shirt with a scoop neck and black bell-bottom jeans. It was incredibly plain, but she didn't need anything lavish today. 

She tied her white strands of hair into a ponytail.

Back in the giant hallways, she was already lost. 

River had no idea which direction to go. Thousands of scents suddenly hit her nose when she whipped her head back and forth in either direction.

It was overwhelming. 

Her brain sorted them out automatically until it settled upon the best one: old spice cologne. Following her advanced nose, she followed a faint trail down a specific direction.

The woman kept walking until she ended up in the stairwell. 

Wow. What a trusty nose!

"O re lohnú́ ."
[You're welcome.]

River flinched violently. 

She looked all around her, but there was no source of the voice. What language was that... and how did she understand?! A snicker sounded in her subconscious. Was this what it felt like to be crazy? 

After a minute of standing there, the voice didn't come back.

She tried not to dwell on it. Blissful ignorance is what she calls it.

River trod down the stairs. The woman followed her nose like a hound dog towards the kitchen. She could smell bacon, eggs, and sausages.

"I want it perfect."

A stern voice commanded. A hum of affirmation followed along with a few clinking noises.

"She has no allergies, right?" The voice blurted, "Fuck- What if she has allergies?"

A softer feminine voice responded, "It's okay; I'll ask her when she gets here."

River entered the kitchen. 

It was more lavish than she remembered, the bright lights illuminating the wooden countertops. Light streamed from the large windows nearby, making the room feel open and less confined.