The Watchful Eyes

(Luke's POV)

I couldn't shake off the feeling of being watched, even as I sat in the safety of my own home. The security team was always present, but I knew Ethan was cunning, always one step ahead. I glanced around the room, my eyes scanning the shadows for any sign of movement.

Hartley cooed in her crib, oblivious to the danger that lurked outside. I smiled, my heart swelling with love and determination. I would do anything to keep her safe.

Just then, my phone buzzed. A text from an unknown number: "You're getting close, Luke. But you'll never be close enough."

My grip on the phone tightened. Ethan. He was taunting me, trying to get under my skin. But I wouldn't let him win.

I quickly typed a response: "I'll always be one step ahead of you. You'll never touch my daughter."

The response was immediate: "We'll see about that."

A chill ran down my spine. I knew I had to act fast. I called the security team, instructing them to increase surveillance and patrols around the perimeter. I wouldn't let Ethan catch me off guard.

As the night wore on, I remained vigilant, my eyes scanning the darkness for any sign of movement. I knew Ethan was out there, watching and waiting. But I was ready for him. I would protect Hartley at all costs.

And then, just as I thought the night was quiet, I saw it. A shadowy figure lurking at the edge of the property. My heart raced as I sprang into action, determined to confront the threat head-on.