Baseball Bullies and A New Friend

You were ten when you met April.

It was one of your first times that you and your brothers had snuck out of the lair and went up to the surface.

Splinter was in the projection room watching some sort of love show, not paying attention to the five sneaky turtles walking their way to the latter that acts as a barrier between the New York sewers and the surface. Donnie had planned out the safest route to go above with his tablet, making sure that there was zero chances for a human to spot the five of you.

Raph was the first to emerge from the sewers. He lifted the sewer cover to the side not before looking left and right in case of anyone passing by. When he saw noone he whispered, "Alright guys, cost is clear."

After Raph had fully climbed out, you, Mikey, Donnie and Leo climbed out of the sewers as Raph had put the sewer cover back after making sure that everyone had gotten out safely.

The air was chilly with the night's stary sky. You could hear a couple of cars within the streets just a couple blocks away. Mikey was holding onto your oversized hoodie, taking in everything that the surface had to offer with star-strucked eyes.

Leo and Donnie was standing next to the both of you, Leo was leaning into Donnie's space as the soft-shelled turtle was practically glued onto his tablet, trying to figure out the safest way to the nearest baseball court.

"Alright, let's just go over the rules one more time-" Raph was interrupted by a dramatic sigh from Leo. "Boring! Can't we just go to the baseball court already? We already went over the rules a million times!"

You adjusted the baseball equipment bag on your shoulders, trying not to accidentally hit Mikey in the process.

"C'mon Leo, we can't be- hey- Leo!" The blue clad turtle ran off, throwing out a 'later bro!' as he ran closer to the baseball field. Raph panicked, his body stiffened as he watched the boy ran off. "Leo come back here!"

You sat down the baseball equipment, carefully shrugging off Mikey as you do and pattedhis head when you saw him frown. "Don't worry Raph, I'll go after him. You guys can find a spot and set up the equipment."

"Just be careful, okay?" Raph called out, he let out a sigh of relief when you gave a thumbs up.

Soon enough you had manage to catch up to Leo, which took a while because of your short as hell legs. You're greatful that you get to have a big ass growthspurt around puberty. You guess that's one of the perks of being a mutant.

Giving Leo no warning, you grabbed him by the shoulders- causing the boy to squeak in surprise. "Dude, what was that for?!"

Letting go of Leo's shoulders, you placed your hands on your hips. "Yeah dude, what was that for?"

The boy huffed, crossing his arms in annoyance. "Oh c'mon we've already heard Raph's speech about a thousand times even before we even step foot out of the lair."

You were about to scold him, grabbing the hem of Leo's sleeve when the two of you flinched at the sudden presence behind you. The two of tried to look behind you, but before you could even turn your head, you suddenly felt pressure on your back.

Laughter rang in your ears, the owners- there's more than one- of the voice sounded just a couple years older than Raph- who's around fifteen years of age. You could feel Leo's arms around you, holding as tight as they can. The pressure of him making it hard to turn around to see who the culprits are, you grit your teeth as you felt your spine feeling like it's going to break in half. That's not a good feeling, no no if you can feel your spine is going to break- that unbearable churn in your stomach you can't imagine what Leo's feeling right now.