Chapter 13: Puppet Princess

**Kena's POV**

"Now pet. I'll leave you to put on your gown. We'll leave afterwards." Rafe says. He leaves Iscarus guarding the door to make sure I don't leave. I let out a low growl from the bottom of my throat. I slip on the soft sea silk gown that's specifically made for the princess.

"Ugh. I hate having to be that merman's slave!" I growl.

"Well face it, Princess. You're a merman's slave." Iscarus says through the door.

"I will not!" I scream back. The cave shakes. He shuts up and doesn't say another word. I put on the crown Rafe gave me.

I walk out of the land entrance. "Well, who am I to be the one to receive the gift of your beauty?" Iscarus asks kindly.

"Stop with the flattery and take me to Rafe." I order. He nods. I follow him to Rafe's cave.

"Ahh. My precious puppet has arrived." He says, getting up from his thrown. He strokes my cheek with the back of his hand. I smack it away. "Fiesty today, are we? Well that can be changed, can't it?" I glare at him. He brings his lips to mine.

"Get off!" I say, shoving him away. He shakes his head.

"Come here." He orders. Without thinking, I gracefully glide to his side. "That's my puppet." I smile at the sweet pet name.

"It's not right to control her like that." Iscarus butts in.

"I don't mind." I say in my bell voice. Oh no! He's gained control of me!

"Iscarus, you know what the punishment for questioning my control is. Go show him, Puppet." I nod and walk to Iscarus.

"Come with me, Iscarus. Let me show you something." I say hypnotically. He looks entranced and follows. "You know you want to follow me." I say, still hypnotizing him. I lead him to a secret room. It's disquised as a cuddle room but is really a torture room.

"So what did you want to show me, Ruler?" He asks, still hypnotized.

"Just a little trick I learned from my teacher, Rafe. He told me to use it on whoever I decide deserves my trick." I say sweetly. I'm leading him further into my trap. He grabs my waist.

"Well, I'd love you to show me that trick." He says, falling under my spell. I turn on my light blue eyes that hypnotize him even more. He comes in for a strong kiss. I grab a cup water as we kiss. I dump it on his head.

"I love you, Iscarus." I say, pulling away. Like Rafe controls me by kissing me, I control by kissing and dumping water. It's my mark. "Now you're under my control." I say in a sweet, misleading voice.

"Yes I am, Ruler." Iscarus says, hypnotized.

"Now follow me back to Rafe, Peasant." I say playing along. He smiles and follows me. "He's under, Master." I say, going back to Rafe's side.

"Great. Now go get in the carriage, Puppet." I nod and head to the carriage. I step up the steps. Darn! He's gotten me under and made me hypnotize someone!

"No!" I yell. I run out of the carriage. I run to the beach of the island. It takes probably a whole hour to get there. "C-C-C-" I try and yell. I'm way to out of breath. I catch my breath. "Collin! Collin help me, help me please!" I yell into the water.

"Who's Collin, Puppet?" I hear Rafe ask. I whip around. I fall to the sand.

"I'll never tell you!" I hiss.

"Of course. You're blinded by your phony love for that merman. You love me and no one else." He says, trying to hypnotize me.

"No! Shut up!" I yell. I hum a siren's song I heard on my favorite show when I was normal. A water wall forms in front of me like a shield. The water breaks in two. I scream.

"Never again will you see him! You're mine!" He yells. He grabs my wrists and gives me my tail back.

"No! Please!" I cry.