Chapter 9: Alone and Trapped

I squirm, desperately trying to escape the dark enclosed space. Losing air quickly I beg for help.

"Please! Let me go!" I yell, fear threatening to evolve into tears.

"Oh shut up! Rafe doesn't take kindly to your behavior!" A female voice yells sternly.

"Who is this Rafe anyway?" I ask, changing the subject.

"A merman you now belong to." She replies dryly.

"Ugh! What is it with mermen and being so possessive over mermaids?" I ask. Its irritating me.

"Shut up already." She says. My mouth mechanically closes by itself. I sit in frustration. I continuously attempt to escape my enclosed cage.

"Ahhh. Is this my prize for all my dasterdly work?" A male voice says. His voice is chilling yet calming. Its very hard to explain how he sounds.

"I'm no one's prize. I am no toy to be won." I say coldly through the bag.

"Yes, indeed. I see princess. But what you need to understand is that you are a toy to be one and a most valuable one at that." He says, taking the sack I'm in. He unwraps the top and grabs my wrists. "Get some chains. She's gonna need more than kelp." He yells to a servant.

His features are very similar to those of Amber's. His light brown hair, his brown eyes that have a hint of gold around the pupil, his strong features. He looks as though he's had many violent struggles, all ending badly.

I struggle to break his grip on my wrists but his grip only becomes tighter.

"How dare you!" I spit. "I have friends who will save me! Who will come for me!"

"Oh but only that. They are being shipped away to marry my to sons and be their eternal mates. And I assume you haven't found yours due to your looks."

"What does that mean, you treacherous man?"

"Well, you're just so pretty that you couldn't have a mate yet. And if so we shall have to kill him immediately. So tell me, dear, do you have a mate." He asks smirking. He grabs my chin and lifts it up. I couldn't tell him about Collin.

"Why would I tell you? You're nothing to me." I say looking him dead in the eyes. Time for a little game called "Tease Rafe".

"How dare you speak to your master that way!" He says. Golden chains appear on my wrists as he lets go of them. Along with a blood red, silk top that only covered just above the end of my rib cage. My tail turned to a deep blue with blood red scales here and there to match the top.

"You're sick! How dare you dress me this way!" I yell.

"Be glad you have clothes, my dear. I could make you caveless. Out on the sand with no clothes or money. But you're far to valuable for me so I won't." He says turning his back to me. "Oh, and you'd better snap to dinner. I'm rather hungry."

"What would you like?" I ask sweetly. What? Where did that come from? He is a treacherous sea snake with no heart or sole! How could I be nice to him?!

"That's what I like to hear from my pets. I would love some fresh crab if you would be so kind as to get some for me." He replies. He turns around and smiles at me. I nod and swim off to a coral reef where there are tons of crab.

This is my chance! I think. I can escape! When I make a swim for it, I'm electrocuted.

"Ouch." I moan. I get three King Crab and head back. "I'm home!" I call, my voice sounding like bells.

"Oh yes! And for this magnificent work, you may pick your reward. A brush, a mirror, or a mate. I will give you time to decide." He says, taking the crab and swimming away.

"A mate? Would I get to choose m mate?" I yell. I need the answer.

"No. It will be my choice, not yours." He says.

"Can I change my mind once I receive the gift?" I yell back.

"Yes of course." He says, sounding annoyed.

"Okay. Then I choose mate!" Better to test my luck and be able to return it.