Whatever you do, dont forget your family

Kaminari's PoV
_________________

I grabbed Midoryia by the hand and guided him into the dorms where I expected everyone to meet him with warmth and enthusiasm. We split off soon after going to the dorms as I met up with Bakugou who was still reeling from the last fight though he was fairing much better than Midoryia who seemed to be more frail than he has been presenting himself.

"How is he doing?" Bakugou asked taking a sip of the apple juice Mina made for the small welcome party we decided to throw for Midoryia.

"He's doing better. Still not great but we've all seen him worse on multiple occasions." The others nodded and soon we began to split more as everyone went to interact with other people though Midoryia seemed slightly confused as to why one side of our class was at one area of the dorms and the other half wanted to save Midoryia after he was kidnapped was on the other side.

"I'm stealing Midoryia for a moment," I called out grabbing him by the arm and pulling him to the kitchen to lightly explain the mess without sending him off a possible deep end.

"So you all got into an argument over a specific thing and now you're all angry at each other?" He asked grabbing a chip from one of the open bags we had set out.

"Essentially yes. However the argument has already been solved, some of us are just still salty over the matter." I explained trying to explain as best as possible without actually saying what the argument was about.

"Well, that seems stupid if the argument has been solved why are you all staying stuck on the same feelings?" He asked seeing a bit annoyed by the behavior of the class.

"Well, it's not all that simple. If it was we wouldn't still all be angry at each other. It was a big decision and some of us wanted to go with it while the rest of us decided it was too messy to get involved in." I told him realizing I was losing leeway as far as keeping the actual argument away from him.

"For god's sake Kaminari what was the argument? No sort of argument you're describing could lead to a class feud to this scale." He crossed his arms staring at me with a hardened expression making me need to collect myself before speaking.

"We had gotten into an argument about whether or not to save you after you ran away and were kidnapped by the League again. I wanted to more than anything and eventually we got enough of us on the idea after some intense convincing and then we were able to save you. Though it took much longer than I would have liked." I told him bitterly as his jaw dropped out of shock.

"So this entire time I was held hostage you were fighting on whether or not to save me! Did Todoroki even want to save me? Or was he too invested in the fact that I bruised his ego?" He asked raising his voice before I grabbed his wrist softly and sent soft shocks through his arm to get him to calm down a bit.

"You are correct Todoroki was against the idea, he thought that since you said that you were better off without us we should have just left you or waited until you came crawling back." I had to physically tighten my grip hoping that he would break a bone in my body on the way to probably beat the shit out of Todoroki.

"After everything I had done to prove myself." He spoke softly gritting his teeth and it was obvious he was resisting the urge to smash his fist into the kitchen counter.

"Honestly Midoryia, I know your time underground has skewered your sense of morals but his thought process made some sense. You ran away and no one knew where you were. We just had to assume we knew where you were and what the situation was." I told him sending out more soft sparks of electricity to keep him calm as I tried to settle him out.

"You're right. Whatever honestly I want to go back to the party I can debate over the platonic love I experienced from this dysfunctional family of a class but tonight I want to get wasted." I nodded grabbing two small bottles of alcohol and we kicked them back before returning to the rest of the party which seemed to start thinning out now at some point, during the night we all went to Sero's room where we at some point just started laughing hysterically while watching bad cooking shows or whatever was on tv that we could commentate over and make fun of.

The night progressed and progressed until it was only Midoryia and I awake while everyone else was asleep on top of each other. We talked for most of the night until the sun rose before moving downstairs to grab a coffee and continue to talk without worrying about waking people up.

"That's what I'm saying!" Midoryia joked as he waited for his cup of coffee to brew. "You can't be mad at me for adding myself to the will of a dead guy via forgery because he had a limited edition All Might posted. Now that may have been in our first year but I think I still have it lying around somewhere." He joked which caused me to do a spit take.

"There is no way in hell you did that" I shot back laughing losing all sense of the ability to keep quiet.

"Shhh" He giggled. We continued to talk on the couches for another hour or so before Aizawa entered the commons and made his cup of coffee which made us go quiet as the both of us have some not-so-fun memories of upsetting Aizawa. Sure it was the funniest thing ever but it was not something I would want to re-live.

"Good morning Aizawa!" Midoryia greeted and waved, Aizawa waved back however he didn't say anything before he returned to waiting for his cup of coffee to brew.

"Reminder we don't have class today. I know Kaminari is aware however I know you are not aware Midoryia." Aizawa spoke I nodded however Midoryia seemed confused before what I assumed to be a look of whatever before he continued to drink his coffee.

Aizawa left the room after his coffee finished brewing and Midoryia finally asked the question.

"So why do we have today off?" He asked which seemed to make my heart ache for him.

"Well, we started it the year you left since we kinda assumed you were killed or something but we take your birthday off every year to reflect on how we can be," I told him while he just soaked up the information.

"Wait today's my birthday?" I nearly wanted to jump into oncoming traffic. For my mental stability, I hoped with all my heart that he was fucking with me.