11. resisting is easier said than done

His brown eyes land on the screen of his iPhone as he leans against the elevator waiting for the next available one to take him back to his floor and away from the pediatric unit

His brown eyes land on the screen of his iPhone as he leans against the elevator waiting for the next available one to take him back to his floor and away from the pediatric unit. Another weekend had passed and he hadn't gotten the chance to speak to Brilliant like he had before. After working a long day he chose to stop by one last time to try and talk in person before throwing in the towel.

"Why the long face?"

Psalm looks away from the phone and sees Gemma standing in front of him twirling a strand of her shoulder-length curly hair around her finger. Psalm stands up straight and clears his throat before taking a step back. He didn't want anyone he had been intimate with years ago in his personal space.

"I'm good. I was just uh... waiting on the elevator. How can I help you?"

"I was going to catch the elevator down. It's my time to clock out now."

Psalm nods and an awkward silence sits between them. He watches the elevator button shining a bright white in order to avoid making eye contact with Gemma again. Psalm wished that everyone around him would forget what happened in the past and focus on now, because he was never going to be the same man he was before Morgan.

The elevator dings and the double doors slide open. Psalm looks up and comes face to face with the one he had been searching for.

"Hey." Brilliant smiles as she steps off of the elevator.

"Hey... you busy?" Psalm asks.

He watches as Brilliant pauses for a moment before shaking her head no.

"Did you need me to hold the elevator? I thought you were on your way down doctor." Gemma speaks from inside the elevator.

"I'll catch the next one. Have a goodnight."

Psalm presses the door close button for Gemma and quickly steps back off so he could get rid of her and speak to Brilliant in private. Looking back up he lets out a sigh seeing a missing smile on Brilliants face. This would be the first time since they began speaking to one another that Brilliant wasn't showing him that warmness and deep dimples. That only confirmed one thing for sure for Psalm, something had happened since the last spoke and he was going to figure out what it was one way or another.

"I'm not busy. You always show up right on time."

"Yeah. I know you said you were cutting back on hours and figured I would try and catch you before you were gone for four days."

"Did I tell you my schedule? Or were you snooping doctor?" Brilliant asks as they begin to walk toward the lounge together.

"I did a little snooping." Psalm responds while holding the door open for her to step inside. He looks around relieved that the only ther person present was a senior nurse named Barbara. She minded her own business, clocked in, worked and clocked back out. She was the ideal employee in Psalms mind.