Chapter 14

ANGEL ✔️ (@ANGEL)

In my happy era.

Comment / Retweet / Share

_____________________________

"So just forget waiting and kiss him."

Jason was right. Don't ever tell him that Nico said that.

But he was. Nico was sick of waiting, sick of pining and pressing pause because he was scared of getting hurt.

He was hurting anyway.

Everyday he didn't kiss Will it hurt.

Which led him to now, standing against the stairwell door outside Hedge's office waiting for Will's meeting to end. He totally didn't have Reyna check his schedule so Nico could stalk him. Nope, he'd never do that...

Thankfully, he didn't have to dwell much longer on the stalkerish behaviour he did or didn't do because the door opened, revealing Will's bright smile as he waved goodbye to Hedge.

When Will noticed Nico that smile sputtered out, a flame to the wind, and Nico tried not to read into it.

"Hey." Nico said, suddenly at a loss for words.

"Hey, Nico. What's going on?"

"Four weeks is a long time." Nico commented, "Like a much longer time than one might have expected."

Will smirked, "Yeah, it is."

The blonde took the first steps towards him, stopping two or so steps away.

"And we've made it two weeks, which I think is impressive; admirable, even." Nico said, forcing himself not to fidget anxiously with his ring.

Will took another step forward, "I'd say. It's been the longest two weeks of my life."

"So long that I'd rather not go through another two weeks."

"Me neither." Will was blocking him in then, Nico pressed against the door and Will stood before him with a saccharine smile on his beautiful face.

"So how about we forget about our little deal and make a new one." Nico breathed.

Will hummed, "What would this new deal entail?"

"You kiss me..." Nico leaned forward, voice husky, "and I won't push you away this time."

"Hmm, I don't know if I believe you." Will's hands encircled Nico's wrists teasingly. Then his grip tightened and Nico's arms were pinned to his sides. "Guess I'll have to make sure you keep your end of the deal."

Nico's laugh was breathy as he watched those sky blue eyes dip to his lips.

"Fine by me." The warmth of Will's hands on him like a blazing fire.

"Then it's a deal." Will whispered.

Nico didn't know who moved first, but their lips were crashing together. And the taste of honey and lemon filled his senses once more. Like their first kiss, it was a desperate thing. As if neither party was sure they would do it again, and wanted to memorise the other just in case. Nico wanted desperately to run his hands through Will's hair but his hands were held firmly against the door.

Will broke away from the kiss first, only to latch his lips on Nico's neck, forcing Nico to tilt his head up, eyes closed as he granted Will better access.