chapter 21

chapter 21

'you feel me?'

song: BLEACH-BROCKHAMPTON

"you ready?"

max voice made my head snap up, startled by the so suddenly broken silence.

"i guess? i don't know" i opened the car door and closed it, now leaning against it. "you think she'll still be.., you know?"

max left the drivers seat and walked across the car, now standing in front of me, frown resting on her face. "there's only one way to find out, right?" she offered me her hand, which i quickly took.

we walked all the way to the third floor without a word, the only noise being max's bracelets jingeling everytime our carressed hands softly shook.

she led me up to the desk, leaning her arms on top of it as she looked around for a sign of the doctor. i frowned when she let go off my hand to slightly drum her hands across the desk, "nobody here" she whispered.

i was about to suggest just walking to abby's room, not really seeing the necessity in a doctor once again asking millions of questions on who we were and why we want to see her, when the same doctor from earlier today appeared.

"hi, we're here to see abigail littman" max spoke and i don't think i've ever heard her voice so serious.

the doctor frowned at us and looked at me. "you ladies were here earlier, huh? with the young man?"

i nodded and suddenly felt very awkward, he kept looking between me and max, a puzzled look on his face.

"well, i'm sorry to tell you this, but abigail was discharged a couple of hours ago, her boyfriend took her home"

my face scrunched up in confusion at the doctor's answer, boyfriend?

max looked equally confused as she responded to him "what did he look like exactly?"

the docter sighed and took off his glasses, obviously thinking very hard. "uhh. big guy, dark hair, i think he had a facial scar?"

my eyes widened as I met max's matching expression, no way.

max thanked the doctor and we stormed away, stomping down the practically abandoned stairwell.

"you don't think it was-" max starts, looking back at me as she walks out in front of me

"who else could it be max?" i answered, catching up to her at the bottom of the stairs and walking into the parking lot. "a facial scar? it doesn't get much more obvious than that."

"but, why?" she spoke again, opening her car door and stepping in. "like, really? him?"

i copied her actions and sat next to her, shaking my head. "she told me he tried to make a move on her during ginny's party but-"

"but what?" max was now driving out of the parking lot, eyes still on me. "sage?"

"i don't know, i thought she rejected him, i mean it's fucking press!" i answered, running a hand through my hair.