Chapter 12

Brooke was livid as she watched Ridge down on one knee proposing to Marty.

That should be her he's pledging his love to. "Damn you, Marty!" Brooke said to herself as she watched Marty and Ridge kiss to pledge their engagement.

Brooke was back at Forrester making herself comfortable in Ridge's chair by the time Ridge came into his office after proposing to Marty.

Marty wanted to stop at the courthouse to file for legal custody of the twins. She just had to get her babies back.

But Ridge instead was going to get an earful from Brooke, "How could you, Ridge!"

"How could I what?!" Ridge asked Brooke.

"You proposed to that woman!" Brooke raged.

"Why do you care, Logan!" Ridge questioned her. "You were too busy with Bill Spencer to pay any attention to me!"

"Ridge, you know how much I love you."

"Yeah, when I'm occupied with someone else!" Ridge reminded her. "You only love me when I'm involved with someone else!"

"That's not true!"

 "Yes, it is!" Ridge stated

"Yes, it is!" Ridge stated. "You practically seduced me when I was married to Caroline, and now you're pledging your undying love after I've proposed to Marty!"

Marty had come back from the courthouse to hear the argument between Ridge and Brooke, Marty decided then and there to go back to Llanview and fight for her children

Marty had come back from the courthouse to hear the argument between Ridge and Brooke, Marty decided then and there to go back to Llanview and fight for her children. So after leaving Pam a note to give to Ridge, Marty went back and packed her belongings and took off back to Llanview.

After Brooke took off, Ridge wondered what was taking Marty so long and went out to see if Pam was at the reception desk, "Pam, have you seen Marty?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact, she gave me this to give to you."

Ridge opened the note to learn what Marty was planning to do. Ridge bolted out of Forrester and straight to LAX! He had to stop Marty from leaving!